Sunday, July 07, 2013

Fourth Fun

I think the 4th of July this year has to hold the record for best ever Independence Day weather. So, so nice. It made it so much more enjoyable to experience all the fun outdoor activities that come with the holiday.

We started the day by cleaning out our garage. Just what Josh wanted to help with on his bonus day off, I'm sure, but it really is so nice to have it done. As soon as we finished up that chore, we headed to the pool to meet up with Emma, Uncle Scott & Aunt Melissa.



In the early evening we headed over to Mar Mar & Papa D's for what has become our annual tradition of cooking out and playing with sparklers & poppers before heading to the real fireworks show. This year we added slip n sliding to the mix, and I think we will most definitely have to make that part a yearly tradition as well. Good times, especially for the two biggest boys.







As it started to get dark, we made our way to the country club for the fireworks show. There were several inflatables to entertain the kids while we waited, along with the always-fun activity of sliding down "the hill" on broken down cardboard boxes. I wish I had taken a picture of the entire hill covered will kids of all ages and in various stages of sliding. Good times. When the fireworks started up, Sam-O wasn't too sure what to think at first. He was wearing a hat (his new favorite accessory) and he completely covered his face with it for the first several minutes. After awhile he started inching the hat off of his eyes to take some peeks, and before long he was laughing with delight and naming all the colors. Noah laid in the grass with Josh and watched very quietly and intensely, enjoying every second. It was a fun time as always. And the 75-degree weather when the sun went down was just icing on the cake!



Oh and on our 2.5-minute drive home from the club (at 10:15) Noah completely conked out. Hilarious.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Greetings Osborne family! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)