Sweet baby Silas turned 2 months old last week on the 25th. Yesterday was his 2-month checkup with Dr L. He weighed in at 11 lbs 14 oz (44th percentile) and measured 23 1/2 inches long (62nd percentile). For comparison's sake, he's exactly 2 lbs lighter and 1 inch shorter than both of his big bros were at 2 months (they were the exact same size at that age).
We've had another great month with him, and he continues to be a total joy. He's easy, peaceful and adaptable. In the last month he's been giving us lots and lots of smiles, which makes his big brothers very happy. He is also sleeping pretty great! He has slept pretty much through the night 4 of the last 6 nights. In bed at 7:00, "dream feed" (bottle in his sleep) at 11:00, wake anytime between 5:30-7:00. If he wakes earlier than 7:00 I manage to put him off from eating again until 7:00. If he wakes before 5:00, which he has a couple times this past week, I go ahead and feed him then. Either way, it's not too bad! I do have to go give him his paci a couple times in the night when he gets restless in his sleep.
Thanks to his brothers' busy schedules, naps are kind of a joke for this poor third child. He sleeps when he can, usually on the go and almost always interrupted. Not ideal, but that's life. Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother him to very much. Afternoon carpool is kind of a nightmare, but oh well. We'll both adjust eventually!
Sweet Silas wears 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. He's worn a few 3-6 month things, and he's actually grown out of some things. For awhile there I thought he'd be wearing all his itty bitty clothes forever--and this momma has stocked his closet with some precious things, so I'm ready to dress him up! Ha!
I think that's pretty much it! I'm looking forward to the baby laughs, rolling over, and playing with toys that will be here soon. But no rush little guy, stay small and snuggly for awhile please!
I was laughing as I looked through my pictures, I seem to take lots of pics of him sleeping! He's just so sweet when he sleeps, I can't help it.
1 comment:
He is beautiful! Your comment about carpool line made me laugh! Our 3rd boy is 1 month old today...I was climbing from the front to back seat (didn't want to get wet in the rain) and trying to get him to take his pacifier in the carpool line today. I LOOKED and FELT ridiculous!
Post a Comment