I'm not a resolution person. At ALL. I quite honestly don't really get it. Every single day is a new day, so any day you could resolve to do anything new from that point forward. Maybe I'm weird--I think I am. But I do love the start of a new year because I love to look back and move forward.
2012 was a big, eventful, great year for our family. It was hard at times. There was a lot of stress and a lot of change. People we love went through great difficulties. But God showed up in all of it. He provided for us in huge ways. He brought renewal of friendships. He reminded us, again and again, that He is trustworthy.
In 2012 we sold our first house--all on our own I might add. It was a huge undertaking that involved stress, tears, pressure, stress, lots of cleaning, research, stress, and lack of sleep. But we did it! And in just under a month! Craziest month ever, but that's neither here nor there :) God showed up.
In 2012 we moved into a house that will be home to our family for many, many years. Not just any house, but the one and only exact house that we had prayed about for months, when it wasn't even on the market. Another extremely stressful process, but one that taught us a lot. God showed up.
In 2012 Noah started big boy school. We felt God leading us to this particular school and went in with confidence knowing that it was the best decision for our kids and our family. But it was a step of faith to send him there, with none of our family or close friends there with us. I'm not going to lie, it's been a difficult transition for me. But we LOVE his school. He LOVES his school. His teacher is incredible. He has made friends and grown in huge ways. God showed up.
In 2012 we started a business, completely randomly and on a whim. Definitely not something I had resolved to do at the beginning of the year :) It's been exciting and challenging in the 3 or 4 months we've been doing it. It has given me a chance to do something fun and creative, it's been amazing to do it side by side with Josh as he gives me advice and handles all the business-y stuff that I can't stand, and it's been busier and more successful than I could have imagined. God showed up.
So much more happened in 2012.
We traveled a bit--to Destin, Atlanta, DC
.jpg)
Friendships with my dear momma friends, who help me get through this crazy life, were nourished even though 2 of them moved far, far away.
And there were too many happy, everyday moments to count or even remember
In all of this, God showed up.
Truth be told, every single day I struggle to trust Him. But then I look back at times like this and I wonder, why is is so hard? Look how trustworthy He is! Moving forward, I can't wait to see how He shows up in 2013. My prayer is that we'll have a year with a little less Big Stuff, and we'll learn how to trust Him more fully in the everyday stuff that life brings.
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I am going to tell
her.
Have a look at my page milf babes
I've learn several excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for
revisiting. I surprise how much effort you set to create one of
these fantastic intormative web site.
my weblog :: carrier hvac, ,
Post a Comment