Monday, March 29, 2010

17 weeks

I am now 17 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has finally started flying by! Everyone told me it would but up until a week or two ago it was really dragging. This is my pitiful attempt at a 17 week "belly shot". I think I've officially "popped" so I figured I better take a picture. I had a doctor's appointment today and everything was great. Apparently I've gained 1 pound overall so far but it sure feels like more. I have a feeling I may have gained a couple before I even had my first appointment :) I felt the baby move for the first time about a week ago and I've started feeling it quite a bit. Today the heartbeat sounded strong, and also lower than it has been before. It was 140 today, my last appt it was 150 and at my ultrasound at 10 weeks they got readings in the 160s-180s. They (whoever "they" are) say a higher heart rate means it's a girl but who knows! Next Wednesday we will know for sure! I have my ultrasound that day and I can't wait! I really have NO IDEA whether this baby is a boy or a girl. I can truly say I will be thrilled either way. I would love to have a daughter but I would love Noah to have a brother just as much. So it's win-win!

Today is my precious niece Mollie's 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday Mollie! She is seriously the funniest, must upbeat kid I've ever known. Such a mess, and such a doll! Last week was her birthday party. It was at their church, which is also where Noah's party will be (in less than TWO weeks! Hard to believe). They had the basketballs out in the gym for Mollie's party and of course that is all he wanted to play with.

Noah has been great. For the past week he has been in big boy undies. Whew, it's been quite a ride. He's certainly had some accidents but they are more the exception than the rule, and I am just so proud of him! We'll see how this goes in the long run. I know he is ready though, regardless of whether anyone thinks he's too young or anything. Hopefully he won't regress and decide he's not ready, but at this point he is so we're going with it!

Here are a few pics of Mollie's party, Noah showing off his undies, and just one random cute one of Noah thrown in.



1 comment:

Mimi said...

What cuties! I love the pictures. When did Noah start holding his hands behind his back like that? We noticed him walking around like that this weekend. It was so funny. He was so good this weekend. Really alot of fun.