Monday, September 20, 2010

survival

Today was the first day I've been home alone with both boys for the entire day. Since I've been recovering from my c-section, Mar Mar and Mimi have both been helping out by coming over every day or taking Noah. And they have both been a HUGE help--they've rocked the baby, picked Noah up from Mother's Day Out, let him nap at their houses, taken him on errands, ironed clothes, swept my floors, bought me lunch...! I don't know how I would have survived the first two weeks without them.

But today I was officially on my own, and I am proud to say that I survived that too! I had low expectations for the day and it actually ended up going well. We were all even out of our pajamas by noon.

We started out the morning on the deck so Noah could get in some outdoor play. It is still SO hot here, so if we don't go out early it just won't happen at all. I think he easily pulls off the pajama shirt/diaper/Crocs look

Thankfully Sam did a lot of this today:

(yes, two different outfits. I forgot how often newborns have to be changed throughout the day!) While he was sleeping Noah and I were able to play one-on-one for a little while.

Noah found ways to stay entertained when I had to feed or hold Sam, with only a couple of minor attention-wanting breakdowns
This afternoon Noah and Sam even slept at the same time for a little while and I was able to catch a nap too! And I even got the house cleaned up before Josh got home.

I'm not delusional enough to think that every day is going to go well, but today definitely gave me a little hope and a bit more confidence! We'll see what tomorrow holds...

2 comments:

Linds said...

way to go Mandy! Just reading this post makes me SO nervous. Only 10 more weeks (or less) for us, and I'll be in the same boat!

Candy Johnson said...

Way to go, momma! You are doing great, and when you can get them to nap at the same time, don't you feel like a superstar?!! Take it easy, and both boys look happy and healthy! At this point, survival is ALL that matters : )