Tuesday, December 04, 2012
my two sons
I never realized how different two kids with the same gene pool could possibly be, until I had these two of my own. For one thing, look at them. Silly glasses and faces aside, they are pretty opposite in just about every feature. Noah: dark, thick curls; deep brown eyes; dark skin with a year-round tan line; tall, stout, built like a brick wall. Sam: stick-straight, slippery blond hair (though it grows darker by the day); sparkling blue eyes; ivory skin all year long; slight in stature.
My firstborn is sensitive, stubborn, and shy around new faces. He's a rule-follower and expects others to be the same. He needs to have someone by his side at all times. He loves sports of all kinds and can turn anything into a competition. He eats like a horse.
My baby is carefree, agreeable, and has never met a stranger. He likes testing all limits and rules. He could happily play by himself for hours at a time. He loves building towers and doing puzzles. He eats like a bird.
No doubt, they are alike in many, many ways as well. But God did not give me cookie cutter children, and for that I am so grateful. I have two unique and independent little spirits, and I couldn't love either of them more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment