Sunday, November 10, 2013

from 2 to 3

These are sweet, sweet days in our home right now. Going from 2 boys to 3 has been a relatively painless process for us up to this point, which has surprised me a bit if I'm being honest. Because to tell the truth, after Sam was born going from 1 to 2 was rough for me. I guess I just sort of expected this time around to be more of the same, but for various reasons it has been much more happy than hard; much more sweet than stressful; much more calm than chaotic.

Don't get me wrong, there are hard moments, stressful days, and lots & lots of chaos. And truthfully I am just banking away these sweet & calm memories for when I need them in the harder moments that I know will come later--when the baby gets his first ear infection or starts teething, or Christmas break when the big boys are around each other a bit too much and fight all day, or when Josh has some big deadline at work and stays at the office until midnight for a week straight. These times will come, and I'll be thankful for the calmer times that we're in right now!
Silas is a sweet and easy newborn, I'm just going to say it. Thank you, Lord. Will he be easy forever? Highly doubt it. Is he perfect all the time? Of course not. But for the first 6 1/2 weeks of his life, he has totally spoiled us and every single one of us is just smitten with him.




Sam is a total mess, 100%. The 3's were rough with Noah and Sam is making that a pattern in our family. But he mixes in enough hilarity, cuteness, and sweetness to make it completely forgivable. He might just end up as the middle child who gets away with everything ;)






I'm very grateful to say that Sam has been healthy for a couple of weeks now, which has been wonderful for our stress level. I think one of our biggest prayers right now is for our family to remain healthy. All these little seasonal illnesses are insignificant compared to the medical hurdles that many families face, but they sure do add to our stress and exhaustion levels.

Noah is doing so, so great in kindergarten. The first few weeks were a hard adjustment for him--and for me!--but he has hit his stride and is flourishing. He's made new friends and has learned SO much. He is starting to read! And he's been chosen as the class "School Super Citizen" 4 times now, and once received a "Patience Power" award.





Noah played football this fall and his season wrapped up last week with a disappointing loss in the first round of the playoffs. He learned a lot of lessons through football this year, so it was a good experience. Now we get to enjoy a little break before he starts basketball after the holidays!


These boys just have every little bit of my heart! In both good times and hard seasons, I will always thank the Lord for them!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Linds said...

I totally relate to this post. Sometimes I wonder if the third child is easier just because I've learned how to let things go that I normally would have stressed SO much over when I had Brayden and Connor.

And I totally feel you with the terrible 3's. We're in the throws of it here too and it's driving me to drink lots of wine ;) Just kidding... kind of... ;)

Mindy said...

Literally, TODAY, I was thinking "I wonder how Mandy is doing with 3?? I really need to catch up with her!" ;) SO, thanks for catching me up! LOVED every word and picture!! PRECIOUS boys and Mama!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So good to read this! I've been wondering what the addition of #3 will bring for us! Chaos,I'm sure, but hopefully some ability to enjoy the newborn stage as we know it goes by fast.