Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Choices

I stumbled across the link to this blog entry while looking at the blog of a "friend of a friend". I have no idea who the woman is who wrote this, where she lives, etc. But I enjoyed reading her thoughts on being a stay-at-home mom. I do understand that staying home is not for every mom, and that certainly there are moms who are unable to do so. But I share in this woman's frustrations when someone comments that I am "lucky" to be able to stay home. It is almost insulting to me to hear that, though I know that people don't mean it to be. Yes I view it as a blessing, but it is a choice that I made, and a choice that I continue to make every day. And let me tell you, after only 7 1/2 weeks of doing this I can honestly say that it is not an easy choice to make every day! :) Anyway, I enjoyed reading this and wanted to share:

http://nonconformfreely.blogspot.com/2007/12/lucky.html

1 comment:

Candy Johnson said...

Amen to this! I love the way she wrote about her "luck!"