A random list of things I want to remember about our little man at 10 months:
- he's super healthy, and we are sooo grateful for that! Ever since our rough stay at Children's when he was 8 weeks, he's been pretty much the picture of health. He had that one bad ear infection, and one more since then that I don't think he even noticed! A little over a week ago he was exposed to RSV (poor Tilly!!) but after holding my breath for over a week, I (knock on wood) don't think he's going to get it. Thank you Lord for a healthy immune system!
- he continues to take steps, but prefers to crawl since he is so super fast that way! If he realizes he's been walking, he'll plop down and start crawling
- he is pretty much obsessed with wheels! Give that kid a truck, walker, or even a stroller and he could be entertained for hours!
- he loves throwing balls, shooting baskets, giving high fives, clapping, dancing, pushing furniture, pulling the books off his shelf one by one, emptying out his sock basket, ripping up magazines, and banging on furniture with anything he can find. Whew!
- he takes a 1 1/2 hour morning nap and a 2 1/2 hour afternoon nap and sleeps 10 hours at night. This hasn't changed in MONTHS and I love it!
-he is a HUGE flirt. He loves flirting with ladies when we are out running errands. The ladies in the church nursery even commented this week on what a flirt he is.
- he's eating more & more finger and table food and less & less baby food. He loves to eat cut up bananas, peas, toast, Cheerios, peaches, sweet potato chunks, shredded cheese, sliced zuchini, carrot rounds, baked apple pieces, the list goes on and on! The only foods we've found that he doesn't like (so far) are pasta spirals and baked potatoes. I'm so thankful that he is a healthy eater and I pray that it stays this way!
- he will drink water out of a sippy cup. Yay! He also holds his own bottle all the time now. We realized that it was our fault that he wasn't doing it--I figured that he would just grab it when he wanted to, but then I started handing it to him instead of feeding it to him and he had no problems. Whoops! It is so much easier this way.
- I still love to rock him to sleep, but he can also fall asleep on his own just fine. This is one rule of Baby Wise that I have never been a big fan of--I say, rock your baby while you can!!
1 comment:
What a happy guy!
Post a Comment