Monday, April 06, 2009

Ears update

Noah has been tugging on his ears the last several days and this morning he woke up with a low fever. So, off to Dr. Feelbetter we went. Both ears are infected and the right one looks especially bad. We left armed with ANOTHER antibiotic Rx and a referral to an ENT. We go to the ENT on Wednesday afternoon and will most likely schedule a time for him to have tubes put in. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but at this point I just want the poor guy to feel better no matter what it takes! The doctor said it looks like he basically has fluid on his ears constantly, and even if antibiotics help the infections a little bit it is only going to really get better when we completely get rid of the fluid. So if you think about it please say a prayer for us Wednesday, and especially pray that Noah will be feeling much better for his big birthday weekend!

7 comments:

KBeau said...

You will be so glad after the tubes are in. Hunter had them, and Brent had them twice. I've had fluid on my left ear since before Christmas. I think I might need tubes!

Scott Duncan said...

Poor little guy!! I had to have tubes when I was little too. I'll be thinking about you guys!!

Shay said...

Poor guy!! My niece got tubes a little while back (she's a little older than Noah)...she's seemed to have little to no problem with her ears since...hopefully it'll help your little guy!! I had tubes when I was little, too...

carozza said...

tubes are wonderful!!!!!!
what ent are you going to? it will be great! seriously it was the best thing we ever did for k.
hope he feels better!!!!!!!

Mar Mar said...

The tubes being put in are really no big deal, and he'll feel so much better! Let's just hope they don't fall out after two weeks like one set of Scott's three sets of tubes did!

Whitney said...

The tubes will make all the difference...and you dont want to go without them for very long because the longer the fluid is present, the more damage that can be done to the ears AND if the fluid is messing up his hearing, then he wont learn as quickly.
It really will be a wonderful thing in the long run! I will be praying for him (and you!)

Jessica said...

Poor baby! I hope that he is feeling better soon and you guys get some answers at the ENT. Charlie said to tell his birthday twin hi!