Saturday, May 02, 2009

Complete Randomness

This sweet little boy right here LOVES to go outside.

(and his mama loves it that he can finally fit into his new Crocs. I think Crocs are completely hideous, and I love them).

So anyway, he loves going outside. Yesterday the bug man came, and when he stepped outside to spray and closed the door behind him, not letting Noah out to play, Noah threw a complete conniption. You would have thought the guy kicked him on his way out or something. Two nights ago Josh mowed the front yard, and Noah & I played out there the whole time. We ate popsicles and Noah turned into a complete sticky mess. I so wish I had a picture. He doesn't understand how to hold it by the stick, so he just grabs the whole thing and goes to town. He was covered in juice from his sugar-free raspberry popsicle, plus he was sweaty, which makes his hair curl up over his ears. It looks absolutely hilarious.

It's a good thing he likes to be outside though, because I really like it too. Yesterday I finished planting my pots for the front porch:

I also decided to plant some stuff in my door basket. I have no idea if it'll work, it could all die. But I figured I would try. I should have chosen some foliage that doesn't completely blend in with the door. Oops. I also should have cleaned all the pollen off the front doot before taking a picture...how embarrassing.
Now, here is what was delivered bright and early yesterday morning:Noah thought he would help out:

And funny story, I thought I could help out too. I was thinking I'd be a helpful wife and load up the wheelbarrow for Josh. You know, work as a team and all that. Yeah...I lifted one piece of that stuff, nearly fell over backward, heaved it into the wheelbarrow, and called it a day. That stuff is heavy! :)

So here is what's going on in my backyard right now:
That's Brian out there, greatest brother-in-law ever. And no my camera isn't dirty, those are raindrops you see. It is POURING outside. And thundering. I snuck out there to take the picture, and they both jumped when the flash went off. They thought it was lightning. Oops again. But I mean seriously, who gives up a Saturday with their kids to help their wife's brother lay sod in a rainstorm? What a trooper. He is a lifesaver. I feel like I should cut him a big check when this day is over. He may have to settle for a bowl of guacamole.

Josh is a trooper too. He left work about 3 hours early yesterday, which is a big deal. He worked out there literally until midnight, with the help of a ginormous floodlight once the sun went down. He was racing like crazy to beat the rain, but unfortunately it is here full-force today. They are doing a great job though, and working really fast!

Ok, since this has been so random anyway, I will leave you with this video. Maybe no one else will find this funny, but here is what Noah did for honestly 15 minutes straight on Thursday. Up and down, up and down. For awhile he didn't even realize I was sitting there watching him, much less filming! Silly boy




oh, and PS. We discovered on Wednesday night that Noah has a molar! I have no idea where that came from. It is pretty far in, I would guess it broke the gums over a week ago. Noah apparently handled it like a champ, cause we had no idea anything was going on!

3 comments:

Scott Duncan said...

I love this video of Noah!! That's hilarious! Pour guys out in the rain!!! Yuck!

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Silly Boy!! Loved the video- he's a hoot!
Poor Josh and Brian out there in the rain!! Well, next week when your yard is fantabulous and Noah is living out there and letting you get some sun too, maybe Josh will

Mar Mar said...

Loved seeing the video! I miss my boy!

Tell Josh and Brian I'm impressed.

Mom