Wednesday, May 06, 2009

frustrated

OK I need a little help here.

Naptime is killing me lately. Well just this week really. Noah normally takes a 1.5 hour nap in the morning (2 hours after waking up) and a 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon (3 hours after waking up from the last nap). This week that is NOT happening. He will nap fine in the morning, and then wake up after an hour or even less in the afternoon. (like, right now he just woke up even though he has only been asleep 35 minutes). I've heard that this is a sign that they're ready to drop the morning nap. But he just seems a little young for that... so I'm wondering, does anyone out there have a kid who dropped their morning nap this young? (13 mos). Any other ideas? He doesn't wake up screaming like he's teething or something, just wakes up and starts talking and hanging out.

I wouldn't be upset if he is ready to drop the nap--more time to get out and do stuff, play, etc.--but I just don't want to give up on it if he still needs it. Thoughts???

5 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Avery did the exact same thing at 13 months. The week Dalton was born, when I needed her to take those naps the most!! We moved to one after lunch nap and she would sleep a good 3 hours, sometimes longer. She'll be two in May and she's still on the same schedule. I'm sad to say, Noah might be ready to drop his morning nap as well. :(

Jill said...

Eli dropped his morning nap at about 9 months. See if Noah can make it to noon without losing it, if so, he may be ready to drop the nap. I would move lunch time up a little bit so that you can put him down around noon and see how he does. Eventually you will even be able to push that noon-time a little, but just play around with it so that he gets the nap that he needs and the relief that you need! HA! Good luck!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian and Rachel said...

When the girls were Noah's age, there were days when they wouldn't touch a morning nap. Then, the next week they were all about having a morning nap. In my humble opinion it never hurts to try to put them down for a nap. It may be that he takes a shorter nap but will spend some time just playing and talking by himself. There's definitely nothing wrong with leaving him in there for a little bit. You may want to put some books in the corner of his bed or something. Just a thought. If it helps, my friend Karen's baby doesn't nap except for 20 minutes spurts throughout the day.

Just Me said...

My little guy dropped his morning nap around this time as well. But every kid is different. :D Now he takes a gloriously long 4 hour nap in the afternoon (most days).