Well I have now changed the background of my blog for the second time in the past week. I am planning to stick with this one though! I just wanted something new & a little summery, and I wasn't thrilled with the first one I tried. I really love this new site I found for backgrounds! Check it out -- hotbliggityblog.com. I also changed up on my songs from playlist.com. I love that site too!
Also, I've noticed that a few of the blogs I follow have said that they are going private. I know that one of the main concerns people have is weirdos finding their blogs and getting a little too much information about their families. I completely understand that concern, and the thought of going private has crossed my mind a time or two as well. But, I'm not sure if everyone knows you can change the settings on your blog to exclude it from search engines. I did that with mine back in the beginning, and I really think it makes a big difference. If someone types my name (or Josh's or Noah's) into google or another search engine, it will not give them my blog address as a response. I know people can still stumble across us since other people have our link on their blogs, but for now I feel comfortable that the search engine exclusion keeps most of the stranger danger at bay. (not to say that I won't change my mind in the future and decide to go private). Anyway, you can change the search engine setting under the "settings" tab. Just a little tip for anyone who didn't know!
Sorry for the lack of pictures, Noah is now SCREAMING in his bed for the 3rd time during this nap, which the first time in months he has done that. So I am off to rock my baby!
4 comments:
OOOHHH!!! I love the backgrond!!! Too cute!
Mandy,
Thanks for posting that about how to exclude from search engines. I went in and changed mine...thanks so much! I didn't even realize I had it marked to be found on search engines!
i love your new background! i used the last site to find a new background for mine. i'll check out the new recommendation.
you guys have fun tomorrow at playgroup. think about us at the doctor when you're getting a nice tan :)
oh man im glad you told me that about the settings. I was just about to go private this week. Maybe ill try that first!!!
Post a Comment