Wednesday, November 04, 2009

on the mend

Thank the Lord, it looks like Noah is finally starting to feel better. He's not 100% by any means, but he is doing SO much better today. The last 4 days have been HARD on all of us. This was by far the sickest he has ever been, and I was so worried about him for awhile there. His fever was between 102 - 103.5 from Saturday morning until sometime yesterday. It was always highest when he woke up in the morning and in the late afternoon. It got to the point where Motrin and Tylenol weren't getting it all the way down. But this morning he woke up and it was just below 101! Yay! And it went down very quickly and hasn't returned! This morning he woke up on his own (instead of us waking him up to check his temp) and immediately got up (instead of laying with me in his glider for 30 minutes to an hour after waking). He didn't eat anything right away, but after about an hour he ate a whole banana! Then later he ate a piece of cheese toast and another 1/2 banana for lunch! First meal since Saturday, YAY!

Right now he is actually napping in his crib, instead of napping the way he has for the last 3 days:


He would only nap on my bed with me there, and even though I tried to keep him laying down next to me he would end up laying right on top of me. This was the first time in all his life that he's ever slept with one of us, for a nap or at night. But I didn't mind because he got good sleep and he needed to be near me. He has been SO sleepy, napping 4 to 4 1/2 hours straight each day and going to bed early at night. Thankfully he still slept in his bed at night and slept all night long.

I am just so glad he is feeling better, and I'm so thankful we were able to avoid dehydration. That is a big concern with this illness, but Noah was able to drink enough water to be fine.

I'm so ready for life to be totally back to normal! It's been killing me to look out the window and see that it is FINALLY beautiful outside and we're missing it. As long he keeps getting better, we're going to the zoo tomorrow! And maybe the park too! :)

3 comments:

Jessica Hall said...

I am so glad to hear that he is feeling a little bit better. I have been worried about you guys. Hopefully he will be in tip-top shape by the weekend and you guys can enjoy the nice weather!

Jill said...

Poor guy. Thank you Jesus that you were able to be there for him when he really really needed you. You're such a good mommy and he is very lucky to have you! I hope you guys can enjoy the beautiful weather soon!

Candy Johnson said...

Bless his sweet heart. I sure hope he does feel better tomorrow. The zoo always perks Kohen up! Hang in there, Mandy!