Tuesday, February 23, 2010

this and that

It's time for another catch-up blog post. Lots of pictures with random updates.

I got inspired after a little demonstration at Moms n More a few weeks ago about crafts and learning games for toddlers. I decided to make Noah this little color box and he actually loves sorting his colors! This has really helped him learn all his colors, it's great.


Just a random picture. Weird pose (I think he was in the middle of standing up) but I love the look on his sweet chubby face :)


Just hanging out with his pal Woody.


When we got our new TV we turned the old TV cabinet into a toy cabinet and moved it to Noah's play area (empty dining room). He loves it!


This boy looooooves trains, a.k.a "choo choos". We found this little plastic Thomas the Train set at Target on clearance for $6.50! If you've ever priced Thomas stuff you know that is a steal, even for plastic as opposed to wood. Lucky for this boy, he has a handy daddy who plans to build him his very own train table. Noah has LOTS of trains on his birthday list!



(PS. speaking of Noah's birthday, I canNOT believe it is a little over 6 weeks away. Wow, I almost have a 2 year old. And lots of party planning to do!)

In addition to choo-choos he also loves trucks, cars, construction vehicles, etc. On a typical car ride, here's what I hear from the back seat: "oooh, a truck! Bye bye, truck. I want more!...oooh, a dus (bus). Bye bye dus!...ooooh, doze! (bulldozer)" etc etc etc. He also loves playing with the many trucks and cars that he has at home.


Last night we had potato soup for dinner. It has been several months since Noah sat in his highchair or wore a bib, but we thought both might be necessary for this meal. And we were right!





Pregnancy update: I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and I am slooooowly starting to feel a little better. I can feel my energy level creeping back up just a little bit, and thought I still feel pretty sick a lot of the time it isn't as constant. I'm hoping I will get that second trimester burst of energy very soon! I think 13 weeks is officially the second trimester? I really don't know for sure, I kept up with all that stuff with Noah but this time is just different! I go back to the doctor next Monday. Oh, and we have officially picked both a boy and a girl name! I'm not sure yet if I will share them on the blog until we find out what we're having--which, yes, we will definitely be finding out! Probably in about 6 weeks or so. Everyone is completely convinced that it is a girl. I haven't had one person tell me that they think it's a boy. All the "signs" do point to girl, and this has been a very different pregnancy so far, but I know plenty of people who have been convinced that they were having a certain gender only to find out they were wrong. So I'm not convinced! Josh, on the other hand, says we don't even need to have an ultrasound because he just KNOWS it is a girl. We'll see!

And now a random video to add to the random pictures. Most days it takes forever to get Noah out of bed in the morning or after naps. Not necessarily because he's still tired, but because he just likes to hang out in there! Here's how he entertained himself one morning when he wasn't ready to get out of bed yet.

4 comments:

Linds said...

i love the color box idea! did you make it yourself? if so, can you tell me how you made it? B is a little young for something like that, but I am always storing good ideas for the future!

Jill said...

So cute! If Josh decides he doesn't want to make a train table, you can have ours.....Eli likes it okay, but hardly ever plays with it. Looks like from the video that Noah definitely loves trains....too cute!

Brian and Rachel said...

Ok - so I'm not totally convinced it's a girl. ha! Maybe it's b/c I absolutely LOVE the boy name we talked about a few weeks ago. ha! Oh, well. Whatever this angel is - girl or boy - this baby will be so very LOVED!!!

Unknown said...

I am making that color box for Andrew! I love that idea!!! I am so glad you're starting to feel better. Can't wait to hear what you're having! I think that when the first one is 2 it doesn't matter what you have, because they'll be buddies no matter what!