Monday, June 14, 2010

28 Weeks

I still can't believe I hit the 3rd trimester mark a week ago. This pregnancy is going a LOT faster than Noah's did. Today I'm 28 weeks and I had a doctor's appointment this morning--the first of my bi-weekly appointments. Now it is really going to go by fast! Everything was great at the doctor. Nothing all that interesting ever happens at these appointments--weight, measurement, heartbeat, that's about it! I do love getting to hear Samuel's heart beating though.

I've been feeling pretty good every day until after dinner time. By that time I am just uncomfortable! I've also been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, which is new for me because I didn't really go through that too much with Noah. I'm back to being pretty exhausted again too, it's like the 1st trimester all over again. I've been napping a lot of days when Noah naps. Running errands completely exhausts me, and I'm definitely not on the go as much as usual. It's just so, so hard to get my pregnant self out in the heat with a 2-year-old in tow. I really wish I had thought to sign Noah up for a summer MDO program once a week. Oh well!

I'm slowly but surely getting things ready for Sam. Noah will be moving into his new room next weekend and then I can get going more on the nursery. I found a little table to put by the glider since Noah's bookshelf will be moving with him. I have some ideas in my head about how I would like to arrange all the furniture, so I'm anxious for Noah's room to be ready so I can start playing around with the nursery! Sam now has his very own PB chair, thanks to Josh's parents. Thank you Mimi & Papa Jim! This will be going in his room too. I can't wait to see him & Noah sitting side-by-side in their chairs!

He still doesn't have much to wear, but there's time for shopping! I do have a couple long-sleeve onesies that I want to monogram, and I ordered him a cute little Polo longall outfit on eBay (it's not used though! I never really knew how much NEW stuff you could get on there).

11 more weeks! I can't wait to meet sweet baby Samuel.

No comments: