30 weeks! You've probably heard of the "30 Week Freak", but in my case I'm thinking "30 Week Breakdown" might be more appropriate! Seriously, I don't know what my problem is but the hormones are in FULL effect. I can't even tell you how many times I have cried since last Thursday. When I'm not crying I just have to laugh at it all. I really am stressed, overwhelmed and exhausted, and the hormones just magnify everything. And it turns out that when you're stressed, overwhelmed, exhausted & hormonal AND have a ton of baby-related things on your to-do list, things like cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, and errands don't go away. Imagine that, ha! Thank goodness for a helpful husband!
So June has been a way busy month for our little family and July is going to be even busier. It's definitely hitting me that it's not as easy to be busy and on the go when you are in your third trimester, but I am managing! (the stomach bug that I had yesterday certainly didn't help by the way, but thankfully it turned out to just be a one-day thing!) At this point I just can't wait til September 1 when I get to hold sweet Samuel! It will be here before we know it. And I do want to add that in the middle of all the hormones and exhaustion, I am feeling thankful above all else. So thankful for this sweet bundle on the way, no matter what it takes to get him here!
I do also have to say that Noah has been such a JOY lately, which is a real blessing. We have 2-year-old moments but for the most part he has been easy-going, sweet, fun, and obedient. Oh and under the "hormonal basketcase" category, add it in that I am feeling major guilt and stress about how Noah's going to handle the new baby around here. If anyone has any tips on how to prepare an older sibling for a new baby, I'd love to hear them.
So I had a check-up this morning and everything was great. Nothing new and exciting, which is great with me at this point. She said I am measuring great and "not huge" but no comment yet on whether she thinks Sam will be as big as his big brother. Time will tell!
3 comments:
I shipped my little girl off with Mama Dot to spend time with her favorite cousin. I guess you don't remember that visit! I don't think it scarred her for life.
I think you're worrying for nothing. Noah will get lots of Mar Mar and Mimi time, so he'll think having a little brother is great!
I didn't do much at all to prepare Andrew, other then showing him Madelyn's room and her things and talking to him about being how she was going to be here soon. He adjusted just fine and absolutely adores her...most days! The guilt is totally normal and you'll eventually get over it and begin to feel sorry for the baby, because big brother demands so much more attention!
Post a Comment