Thursday, November 04, 2010

Two Months with Sam!

Our sweet Samuel turned two months old on Monday. I'm SO thankful for the last two months with this precious baby! He is such a joy! Before Sam was born Josh and I both wondered--as lots of second-time parents do, I'm sure--if we could possibly love another child like we love Noah, and if we had enough love to go around. Well I don't wonder that anymore! We just love this little boy so much! I've heard people say that your heart grows a little bigger with each child and I can see how that is true. My heart is just bursting with love for both of my boys!

Today was Sam's check-up and things went great. Dr. Feelbetter said he is hitting all his milestones and looks perfectly healthy. Here is a little bit about our baby boy at 2 months old:
  • Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz (90%) Length: 24 1/2 inches (90%). I looked up Noah's 2-month stats last night, he weighed 13 lbs 14 oz and was 24 1/2 inches long! So funny that Sam is the exact same size!
  • He wears some 0-3 but mostly 3-6 month clothes, and wears size 1 diapers. I think he may be ready for size 2's though!
  • He eats every 3 hours during the day. In the evening he's hungrier and eats sooner to get an extra feeding in.
  • He is sleeping pretty well at night. He eats at 8:00 and then goes down to bed very easily at 8:30. Josh gives him a "dream feed" at around 11:00, and he doesn't even wake up to eat. He just eats in his sleep and then Josh lays him right back down. For the past week or so he has been waking up to eat again sometime between 4:00 and 5:00. Not too bad! Of course I am more than ready for him to sleep all the way through the night, but I know we will get there eventually.
  • I've been working on getting him to sleep in his crib more. He has been taking some naps in there and done really well. Last night we put him in his crib for bed and then after Josh fed him at 11:00, he moved him to the bassinet in our room. That worked out well so I think we'll keep it up. I would guess that in the next month or so he will be out of our room completely.
  • He still loves his swing and definitely still naps in there a lot too. It is my go-to place when I need him to take a good nap.
  • He has the sweetest smile! I still haven't captured it on camera very well, because as soon as I get the camera out he decides to be serious. He definitely saves his biggest grins for his daddy. He smiles SO BIG when he sees him for the first time at the end of the day. Precious!
  • He's really finding his voice, cooing & gurgling a lot. I just love those little noises!
  • He's awake & alert for much longer stretches of time now. When he's awake with a full belly he really prefers to just lie on a blanket on the floor so he can kick, wave, and look around. He also absolutely loves to watch his mobile.
  • He really only cries when he is tired or gassy/needs to poop :) He definitely has some gas issues but hopefully that will work itself out as he grows a little more.
  • Did I mention that we love him so much? He is really the sweetest little thing! Look how precious he is!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: