Friday, September 09, 2011

the week that was

We have thoroughly enjoyed a week full of beautiful weather, and in the midst of enjoying it I haven't gotten my camera out a single time. Thank goodness for my faithful phone camera! I do have a handful of grainy pictures I can share.

Monday we lived it up Labor Day style by going to the zoo followed by a little picnic at the playground. We always love having the Daddy man along for these adventures. The most memorable zoo animals this trip were the jumping & swimming penguins, the chimp that threw what we'll just call "rocks" at all the spectators, and the elephants to whom Noah yelled "Roll Tide!" at the top of his lungs (thank you to our Alabama-bred baby-sitter, Ms. Brittney).



Monday afternoon, Josh & Papa wrapped up work on the greatest-ever gift for the boys: their very own swing-set. This was technically a birthday gift to Sam but let's face it, Noah loves it equally as much. Josh & Papa have worked hard on it for several weeks but Monday was the official unveiling and inaugural swing. I love it that my boys have a handy daddy, not to mention great-grandpa, who can build such fabulous things for them. Their swing-set boasts a baby/toddler swing, two big-boy swings, and a trapeze bar. It may not be the fancy pants backyard playland that we dream of having someday in the future, but it is absolutely perfect for the boys, and I know that with Josh & Papa in charge it is built to last! We've spent many hours out there this week!


No pictures from Tuesday, but we thoroughly enjoyed a trip to the church playground with some friends plus of course more swinging throughout the day.

Wednesday was a school morning for Noah, and Sam & I ran a trillion errands. After picking Noah up, we had a picnic at a nearby playground. Poor Sam was so exhausted from our errand-running he almost passed out in the swing.

Thursday--school morning for both the boys, closet-cleaning-out-and-eBay-listing for me. Crossing my fingers for a big eBay payday so I can finish out the boys' fall wardrobes :)

Friday (today)--fun playtime at the church playground this morning with some favorite friends. The kids had a blast, only butting heads for a few minutes at the beginning of the playdate :), and Morgan and I talked a mile a minute. And now here I am at naptime, sitting in a comfy chair with my feet up, house officially picked up, brownie pie just out of the oven ready to take to Mimi & Papa Jim's tonight, eagerly awaiting an exciting last-minute visit from one of my favorite people who I don't get to see nearly enough--my "cousin-in-law" JB! Happy Friday!

*edited to add: it turned out that Benton got to join Jenny Beth on the visit, which was great! I loved our quick catch-up, and after they left Noah proclaimed: "I like your cousin Benton, he's silly with me. He can be my cousin too"

So that was our fairly laid-back week. Next week we will officially be starting our new normal, as it is the first week with ALL of our activities going on. I think I'm going to like it, and I'm hopeful that I stopped just short of having TOO much on our schedule. Church followed by our FSM small groups on Sunday morning/early afternoon, community group Sunday night, Bloom starting back Tuesday morning (smiley face), school for Noah Wednesday, school for both boys Thursday. I love that we have Mondays and Fridays free--Mondays are our typical home day and Fridays are our typical play day with friends. Bring it on, Fall!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Sam looks SO much like you in these pictures!