The other day I was actually in the car by myself so I was listening to the radio as opposed to the months-old "King George and the Ducky" Veggietales CD from Chickfila. I flipped to the country station just as the song "Remember When" by Alan Jackson came on. I don't listen to country radio all that much but it seriously seems like every.single.time. I do, this song comes on. Annnnnd, every.single.time. I hear it, it makes me cry! So silly! But I mean really, have you listened to these words?
Remember when, the sound of little feet,
was the music we danced to week to week.
I may or may not be tearing up just typing it.
Remember when, old ones died and new were born
Life was changed, disassembled, rearranged.
I always think of my Papa at that part. We lost him a little over a year before I got pregnant with Noah. I sure wish my boys could know him. They would love him and his silliness.
Yep I'm definitely crying now.
Remember when, 30 seemed so old,
Now looking back, it's just a stepping stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when.
I mean, HELLO? How could this 30-year-old momma not cry when I hear that?
I'm not saying it's the best song you will ever hear, but I just bet you'll tear up a little bit.
I'm not saying it's the best song you will ever hear, but I just bet you'll tear up a little bit.
Oh, Alan. You will always rock that mustache and curly blonde mullet won't you?
Did I mention that these thoughts in my head are totally random?!? :) Have a happy and thoughtful Thursday! We've been enjoying the strange Spring-like weather on this Groundhog Day, even though Punxsutawney Phil insists we'll get 6 more weeks of winter.

4 comments:
I LOVELOVELOVE Remember When!!! Awesome song!!!
Now you've got me crying! I was just your age yesterday and now I'm Papa's age. Enjoy every day and every stage of life. I'm sure planning to do just that.
Beautiful song! Something about country songs just touches my heart.
Hi! I came across your blog on Katie's Keepers sidebar. You have two super handsome little guys!!!!
I love that song too and tear up every single time I hear it! I have three boys ages 9,5 and 2 and the time is just flying past us!! Wish we had a slow motion button! =)Btw, I am your newest follower.
Post a Comment