Saturday, May 12, 2012

getting away from it all


Just one week into having our house on the market, I was already feeling the need to get away from it all. My mom was getting ready to head to Destin for a full month, and I had kicked around the idea of loading up the boys and spending a week down there during her stay. Throw in the house stress and I was all in! We got Mama Dot on board and made our plans. Knowing that the trip was ahead seriously got me through the next two weeks of showings, stress, and oh yeah--constant cleaning!!

Last Saturday we hopped in the car and made the trek to the beach. It was the easiest drive I can possibly imagine with the boys! They were complete and total angels. Such a blessing from God after the long month we were leaving behind.

The trip itself was wonderful. I can't say it was 100% stress-free but we were at the beach, who can complain about that?! There was still house drama to deal with, my mom was in a bad car accident the day before we arrived, and I learned that a dear, old friend is fighting a difficult battle. So I guess LIFE just follows you wherever you go. But oh, what fun we had!

Warning: to most people these are just millions of similar iPhone pictures of my kids in the sand. But to me they are priceless memories!


Sam loved to wave at all the boats that went by! Same goes for airplanes and helicopters :)

Check out the seaweed in the background of this picture. I had never seen it so bad! It sure didn't stop us from enjoying the beach though.


Sam made himself a little perch on top of this table :)






I tried to get a cute boardwalk picture of them in their matching suits. Fail!

I love having so much evidence that I was actually there with them! :) Now if only Noah would keep his eyes open in the sunshine! (He won't leave sunglasses on for more than 3.5 seconds)





Both boys were completely obsessed with Mr. Steve's sno cones. We (Mama Dot) spent $50 on sno cones throughout the week! Ha!


Noah and I spent a lot of time up at the pool each day because he wanted to practice all his moves from swim lessons. I am SOOOOO proud of how well he's doing. Then on the last day he had a huge breakthrough--he decided to get in the ocean!! This may not be a big deal for some kids but for my cautious, water-averse little guy this was ma-jor! I am so, so proud. He told me that he was ready because he's been doing his swim lessons. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Safety Before Skills Swim School and Coach Dalton! Amazing!

Fearless Sam probably would have hopped on in the first day if he had thought of it, and once he saw us getting closer to the water he had to get in on the action, too.


Mar Mar and Mama Dot completely and totally spoiled us. Help with the boys, treats, J. Crew/Crewcuts shopping, and delicious dinners every single night! (among many, many other things!)

Crab Trap:

The Back Porch:

Tommy Bahama Cafe:

Harry T's:
No picture from La Paz, but it was great too! Mmmm, grouper tacos!
The last night Papa D arrived and after dinner we went to The Track for some racing fun. Noah had been looking forward to it all week! This first picture of Noah makes me laugh so hard.





THANK YOU Mar Mar, Papa D, and Mama Dot for a wonderful getaway!! It was just what we needed!

I was hoping and praying that I would come home to a SOLD house, and guess what?....That's just what happened!! YAHOO!! We actually ended up with 3 offers and my good man worked himself to death working on contracts, counter-offers, prequalifications, roof inspections, showings, negotiations, etc etc etc! (not to mention his j-o-b and doing his own laundry :) ) Of course we have to get through closing (praying for no set-backs!) but things are looking great! Time for packing and house-hunting :)

1 comment:

Linds said...

these pictures make me miss Destin SO much! We were hoping to go this summer, but with a new job for Drew, we just couldn't get away long enough to make it worth it. ((SOMEDAY)). SO glad you guys sold your house! I know how stressful that is!!!