Tuesday, May 22, 2012

let's catch up

I haven't yet posted about Mother's Day or the boys' last day of school, so let's kill two birds with one stone, shall we?

Mother's Day with my guys was wonderful. They got me delicious donuts for breakfast that morning, which is always a great way to start the day. They also surprised me with some sweet gifts. My sneaky hubby found my Pinterest "Want It" board and got me this bracelet that I had pinned. I LOVE surprises so this was so fun for me!


After church we had lunch with Josh's family and Mimi got a fabulous Mother's Day gift herself--every single member of the family was there together! Such a rarity these days, and such a blessing. Caleb & Stephanie were in town from DC, Kelsey & Micah had come down to visit after graduation the day before, and Mom & Papa were feeling up to being there that day. Add in the "regulars" of us, Rachel, Brian & the girls, and the honorary family member Dobbs, and it was a full and happy table! These are the moments that I always regret not getting pictures of :(

Fast forward to the next week--the last week of Mother's Day Out! Of course I have to do the side-by-side first and last day comparisons:
Y'all. I was shocked when I saw these photos next to each other. I honestly had no idea that he had grown up and changed so much this year. And it is so crazy for me to think that after 3 years, his time at First Kids Day Out is over. This year there was so, so wonderful for him. He was in class with his two favorite buddies from last year and it was neat to watch their friendships grow. He also made several new friends that he just loves, and he loved his sweet teachers. I've noticed the simplest little things, like how the pictures he brought home in the Fall were just scribbles and now he brings home pictures that are colored with the right colors, in the right places, almost all inside the lines :) Mrs. Annette does always tell me that Noah is usually the last one sitting at the table, working diligently to get his work "just right". He has also really enjoyed Library Day each Thursday this year. My sweet boy has learned so much at FKDO! On top of the typical toddler/preschooler lessons on colors and letters and numbers, he's learned more about the Bible, learned how to be a good friend, and has learned that he is loved by a large group of people who truly care about him. We love, love, love everyone at FKDO!

Here is Samuel's little comparison:
Another tear-jerker! On the first day of school he was drenched in milk because he was still learning to drink from a cup, and by the last day of school he can walk up to his teachers and say "I want my cup". I can't believe that he has grown into more of a little boy--who speaks in full sentences, brings home pictures that he has colored (scribbled ;) ), and runs in the door of school saying good morning to Mr. Bill at the front desk. Sam has had a great year at FKDO, too. Between his two classes he had so many fabulous teachers that he grew to love. He went from crying at drop-off every day to literally running down the hall to his classroom without ever looking back. What a blessing! He has a few more years at FKDO so I'm thankful that he loves it.

The boys will actually be attending the 6-week "summer fun" session starting in a few weeks, but for now our days are wiiiiiide open. I am so very thankful that our house sold when it did, because I have NO idea how I would have kept the house clean with them home all day every day--those 3 hours, 2 mornings a week really made a difference! Right now I am just enjoying that I can let them get out all their toys (that aren't already packed!) and make messes again. We can even do "graffiti" on the front sidewalk! Yesterday we were home all day long for the first time in over a month, and loved every minute!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Way cute skirt and top!! Love the bracelet...adorbs! I might have to buy it!!