Thursday, August 02, 2012

backyard olympics

I was so sad when we had to cancel our Olympic Opening Ceremony cookout last weekend. I woke up in the night Thursday night feeling like death, and it turns out I had strep throat. YUCK! I hadn't been that sick in a long, long time. But today we had a little "make up" Olympic party in the form of a Backyard Olympics playdate! We almost missed this one too thanks to some much-needed rain. Morgan and I were setting everything up while it sprinkled outside, but it thankfully stopped just in time. 

For events we had....

Hurdles:



Javelin Throw:



Vault: (on a gymnastics wedge that my boys later turned into a wrestling mat)




Relay Races:




Trampoline: 

Look at these cute little Olympians!


We had a simple lunch of hot dogs, chips, and Capri Sun, plus some yummy cupcakes that Morgan made. Check out the cute table that she put together!


My decorated Olympian:

Great times! I can't believe the actual Olympics are already almost halfway over. Looking forward to the women's gymnastics action tonight! USA! USA! USA! I'm pulling for cute little Gabby

No comments: