Thursday, August 09, 2012

recipe roundup: the lazy version

I've been doing plenty of cooking lately, but not much recipe sharing. I'm honestly too lazy to type out a bunch of recipes. I still want to share the yumminess we have been enjoying, so here is a link-heavy Recipe Roundup, plus one original recipe.

Noah & I love to cook together, and he especially enjoys baking. He likes to measure, pour, stir...and lick. Yes, I let him lick the mixer blade, spoons, etc. That probably appalls some of you. I'm sorry.


My latest favorite baked treat are these yummy Whole Grain Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies. Yum, yum, yum. This recipe is a product of my imagination, though I'm sure I am not the first to make something like this. I used my whole grain chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base, but I like the white chocolate/dried cranberry combo a million times better.

2 1/4 C whole wheat flour
 1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 C unsalted butter, softened
1 t vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 C rolled oats
1 C white chocolate chips
2/3 C dried cranberries


Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Combine sugars and butter and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes, until creamy. Add vanilla then add eggs one at a time and beat for 1 minute after each one. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix well, then add the oats and mix until blended. Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries by hand. Drop it by tablespoons (I use my handy-dandy cookie scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

This makes a lot of cookies--I got 42 using my cookie scoop--and it is a dangerous thing for me to have that many cookies just waiting to be grabbed and eaten. When I make cookies I like to bake a small batch and then freeze the remaining cookie balls for later. Now these are just waiting in my freezer to be popped in the oven to be baked in small batches when the urge hits. 


Moving on to the links portion. Like the rest of the world, I get almost all of my new recipes from Pinterest and other blogs. My latest favorites:


Quinoa Pizza Bites from So Very Blessed, via Pinterest

Honey Lime Fruit Salad from Mel's Kitchen Cafe


Cauliflower "Rice" from Iowa Girl Eats

Quinoa with Peas from Allrecipes via Pinterest


No comments: