Thursday, October 04, 2012

three weeks

Wow, I've completely neglected my blog for the past three weeks. Shame on me! In the past three weeks in the Osborne fam...

- Noah has loved going to school. He won't give me a whole lot of information about what he does at school, but I've gleaned a few things. Like, his favorite center is the art center. He really enjoys having PE on Fridays. He was ecstatic to meet some Warrior football players and get their autographs. He feels a sense of accomplishment when he does his little homework pages every week. He thinks staying for lunch and nap on Wednesdays is just the greatest thing.


-Although he loves school, Noah had a completely unexpected and uncharacteristic breakdown last Wednesday. He really broke my heart! He kept telling me all morning that he missed me and just wanted to be with me at home. When I tried to drop him off at school he was having none of it (something he has never done before!) Poor guy tried so hard to hold it together and he just couldn't. After trying lots of coaxing and encouraging, his sweet teacher said that sometimes kids just need a break, and suggested that I take him home with me. So, we had a Mommy/Noah morning while Sam was at MDO. I totally and guiltlessly spoiled him. And then on Friday (and again Monday, and again Wednesday) he went back to school just fine. I am so thankful for that Mommy/Noah day!

-Sam and I have enjoyed a lot of extra time together while Noah had been off at school. He's my little sidekick and is just the most delightful little guy. He would be perfectly happy to just pitter patter around the house the whole time Noah is gone, enjoying free reign of all the toys. Sometimes, that's just what we do. But we also run errands, go to the park, and have playdates with his little buddies. On Wednesdays we enjoy eating lunch together after I get him at MDO.





-We've officially started back to Community Group, FSM, and Bloom (remember my wonderful bible study that I blogged about at the end of last year and said I was going to take a break this year? Yeah, I couldn't stay away) We are busy busy and I do worry a little bit about Noah having too much in his little schedule, but we're taking it all one week at a time. And I am absolutely loving the book we are studying in Bloom this semester.


-We have been soaking up our schedule-less Thursdays. The boys and I will mostly just hang around the house doing nothing on particular, often staying in our pajamas all morning--love it! It's a welcome change every week after a busy and hectic Sunday-Wednesday.

-We have made sure to take full advantage of the weather that is slowly but surely becoming more Fall-like. Lots and lots of outdoor play has been going on around here.







- Josh and Noah have started going back to First Tee for golf "class" every Saturday. I use "class" very loosely because it turns out that the Little Linksters have disbanded because the teacher left and there is no replacement. It is really just a time for Josh and N to spend some time together doing something they both love.

- I had the privilege of being there when Heather finished up her last chemo!! It was a really special moment watching her ring the bell signifying the end of such a long and difficult part of journey, surrounded by somany family and friends who love her. I can't even describe how proud I am of her. She has had this terrible thing happen to her, and instead of complaining or feeling sorry for herself (which would be completely justified), she has started a non-profit to help other women in her same position. Amazing. I'm proud to call her my friend.



-I have been extremely busy with Milk and Honey Tees. (which explains my lack of blogging) I'm very grateful for how thing are going, and at the same time I'm trying to learn how to balance it all and not take on too much. I'm still having a ton of fun with it though!

- I'll wrap it up with some "keeping it real" honesty. In the last 3 weeks (and then some) I've struggled a bit with all the things on our plate and the lack of time to handle it all. I'm trying to fit all the things I need to do without little people around into a 3-hour window on Wednesday mornings. I don't say that to complain, it's just a fact. This Fall has been a big season of adjustment. On one hand, I am adjusting to Noah being in school and therefore away from home more than he used to be. But on the other hand I am adjusting to an even bigger lack of free time, for various reasons. And I'm not the only one around here doing some adjusting, that's for sure. So there you have it. I'm hoping that as we move into the Greatest Month of the Year (duh, everyone knows that's October) we will begin to see that we have adjustED and are getting past the difficult process of adjustING. There is SO much to look forward to this month, so bring it on!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: