Monday, March 25, 2013

a vow

Yesterday I was looking at my blog from this time last year, and I got really sad that I have been so bad about blogging lately. I used to post so much more, and I just love to look back at those old posts and pictures. So I am vowing to do better.  I really am. (sidenote: I also got super-sad because according to my blog last year, temps had been in the 70s and 80s for several weeks by the end of March. That's just not fair. The high today is 50).

I blame my lack of blogging on several things. Three things, actually: 1) Instagram 2) Milk and Honey 3) Pregnancy. Instagram because pretty much all my pictures are on there so it just feels redundant when I put them on the blog. Milk and Honey because it has been keeping me so busy. And pregnancy because it's been rough. So I am going to try to do better about breaking out my real camera more often to get more and better pictures of our family. And I've been a little slower with the business lately (intentionally) so that it doesn't take up too much time. And, hallelujah, I think I am starting to turn a corner with the pregnancy. First trimester was super hard. I've been sick, sick, sick--day and night. I also had something called a subchorionic hemorrhage that scared us to death and forced me to rest for awhile. Basically, I spent the better part of weeks 6-13 in my bed thanks to all the sickness and such.

Life still goes on, though! Spring is officially here even if the weather doesn't feel like it. We're gearing up for t-ball season with the first game just around the corner. Josh is one of Noah's coaches this year so it's doubly exciting--and busy. Noah's birthday is in a few weeks and I just can't even handle that he is turning FIVE. Along those lines, we have a fun trip planned in a few weeks. We should also find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl a few weeks from now. Lots of fun stuff coming up!

I won't even try to wade through everything we have done since I last posted. But last week was Spring Break, so I'll catch up on that! We stayed busy all week long and enjoyed the break from our usual routine. Monday we hit up Jump Zone with Ruthie & Brooks, and Bennett.


Tuesday we went to the zoo (along with the rest of LR) with Ruthie & Brooks, and Jack & Davis.


Later Tuesday afternoon we loaded up and went down to Magnolia to spend the night with Mama Dot! The boys were beside themselves. They both thought it was super cool to sleep at her house. While we were there we ate catfish, got new treats at Wal Mart, saw baby chicks and ducks, sat on tractors, saw animals at the college, and played at McDonalds. Lots of fun in 24 hours!





Thursday we were tired so we stayed at home, in our pajamas, all day long! It was nice. Noah always considers Thursdays to be a "Home Day" since that is our one day without school or Bible Study, so we kept that up even for Spring Break.

On Friday we went to see a movie--The Croods--with Ruthie & Brooks, and Bennett (and lots of other friends that we saw when we got there!) This was Sam's first time to go to the movies and he did great! He ate popcorn literally the entire time :)


So there you have it! Our low-key Spring Break, and my vow to start blogging again!

1 comment:

Morgan Smith said...

so glad to read a new post! love you, osbornes:)