Tuesday, May 14, 2013

in the trenches

There's nothing really earth-shattering to report around here, lately we've just sort of been "in the trenches" of regular life.

There has been lots of t-ball here in the trenches. Josh is one of the coaches for Noah's team this year, and 5 of the other boys from N's class at school are on the team. It's been so much fun watching them play. Noah has absolutely loved it and has been doing great!




Riding Big Wheels has become a favorite activity at our house. The boys crack me up speeding and giggling down the driveway, over and over.



I'm deep in the trenches of this pregnancy--halfway through, in fact! So hard to believe. I've popped in a major way. Thankfully all of my miserable sickness has been completely gone for over a month now! I'm still super tired at all times, but I feel like I can handle anything now that I'm not sick!


Sam decided on a whim to start sleeping in his big boy bed. Sweet thing. I guess the next big boy milestone we need to tackle is potty training--talk about in the trenches! Ugh, not looking forward to that one.



A couple of weeks ago I was blessed to get out of the trenches for a few days and go on a beach trip with some of my nearest and dearest! It was heavenly to get away, relax, play games, eat yummy food, reconnect, and talk talk talk! I literally came home hoarse from all the talking. Big thanks to my dear hubs for diving even deeper into the trenches so that I could go. Not to mention the grandparents, aunts and uncles who helped out.





I had a wonderful Mother's Day last weekend. Friday night we grilled kebabs and my parents, Mama Dot, and Scott, Melissa & Emma all came over. Saturday night Mama Dot treated us all to an adult dinner out. Sunday my boys got me a yummy Panera breakfast before church, and surprised me with thoughtful gifts. That afternoon I was able to do a little shopping/errand-running all by my lonesome, and that night they took me out to dinner at Chuy's--YUM-O.


I can't believe we'll be diving into the trenches of summer break in less than 2 weeks. A part of me is ready for a looser schedule, but another part sure loves our routine! ;) Noah loves having activities planned, so we'll be keeping him plenty busy--golf camp, VBS, swim lessons, etc etc. And we're sure to have plenty of fun days at the pool! Bring it on!

No comments: