Saturday, March 29, 2014

half a year with silas


That's right, baby boy is 6 months old. Six months is a big milestone to me. He's halfway to eating cake.

What's my sweet Silas up to halfway through his first year? Glad you asked.
- Weighs 17 lbs 6 oz (49%) and is 27 inches long (72%)
- Sleeps from 7:00 pm until sometime between 6:00-7:00 am. Sometimes he thinks 5:30 is a good time to wake up, but I'll turn on his mobile and usually he goes back to sleep. We've had some setbacks in sleeping through the night over the past two months or so, but thankfully he's on track for now.
- He's become a more consistent napper just in the past week. He takes two 2-hr naps, 9-11am and 1-3pm. And both in his crib! Big step for this former swing-napper. He does sometimes wake up early from naps but I'm loving the "loose schedule" we have going.
- Sleeps on his belly 90% of the time.
- He takes 4 bottles a day and eats 3 solid meals. This is also a new development in the past week or two, and again we are both loving it.
- Wears a wide range of sizes. Lots of 3-6m still fits, he also wears 6-12m and some 9m. H wears size 2 or 3 diapers.
- He's tried lots of new foods lately. Apples, pears, bananas, avocado, peas, squash, and his two favorites--mango and sweet potatoes.
- He rolls all over the place like crazy. I honestly probably don't lay him down enough because I worry about where he's going to roll off to, and let's be serious I usually can't just sit there and watch him.
- Still not sitting up totally independently. I'm ready for that milestone, it's one of my favorites.
- He adores his doorway jumper and his exersaucer. We get lots of use out of all his contraptions.
- Loves Sophie the giraffe and any little toy he can hold and chew on.
- He could sit and watch his brothers play all day long. I think he's kind of amazed by them.
- Poor guy still spends a lot of time in his car seat, and he's a total trooper about it. Being able to hold and play with toys really helps.
-He has his cranky moments, but he is super happy almost all the time.

We love this precious baby so very much!













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: