How can my firstborn son already be 6 years old? His birthday was April 10th, and I've been trying to come up with adequate words to post about him ever since. I've decided that my blurb from Instagram describes him so perfectly, it's all I really need.
Six years ago he came into the world and made me a mother. I am ridiculously proud of the kid that he is today, and I give God all the glory. Jesus captured his heart early and Noah fell hard for Him. This boy loves Jesus and loves people. He is incredibly tender-hearted and genuinely hurts for the hurting. He's easily brought to tears over song lyrics or touching commercials. He's a great big brother and perfectly fills his role as the leader of our little tribe of boys. He's also tons of fun, and loves to be silly. He loves Legos, sports, and has especially fallen head over heels for basketball. I don't just love this boy, I really, really like him too. It is an absolute JOY to be his mom.
I also gave Noah a little birthday interview, so here are some of his favorites at age 6...
-what's your favorite color?
Red
-what's your favorite song?
Space Jam
-what's your favorite tv show? Wally Kazam
- what's your favorite movie?
The Lego Movie
-what's your favorite toy?
Legos
-where's your favorite place to go?
Mimi's house
-what's your favorite food?
Pizza
-what's your favorite sport? Baseball, hitting off the pitching machine. And basketball.
-what's your favorite book? Planets
-what's your favorite treat?
Dum Dums
-who is your best friend?
Wyatt
-what is your favorite thing about school?
Playing with Wyatt at recess
-what do you want to be when you grow up?
Basketball and baseball player
-what makes you happy?
Jokes, Wyatt doing silly things
-what do you want to learn to do while you're 6?
Read every book, to do slam dunks, play every game
His original goal for age 6 was to learn how to hit off the pitching machine, but since he got 4 hits in his first 3 games, he conquered that one early!
A couple more videos...
Noah chose to have a basketball party for his birthday, which we did the weekend before. He had a blast playing hoops with all his buddies! It was just fun and laid back, my kind of party.
We celebrated Noah the night before his birthday by going out to dinner with my fam, including Mama Dot. That was a special treat! The birthday boy enjoyed 3 bowls of cheese dip :)
On his birthday Noah woke up to hist favorite breakfast, blueberry muffins. He was so excited to go to school that day and share his special day with his class! And Josh & I were both blessed to get to go participate in the celebration. I was blown away by how special and just precious it was! Noah got to stand on a chair in front of his whole class while they sang a silly birthday song to him. Then his teacher read him a sweet birthday letter from God, and after that his teachers and all his class shared what they call "heart prints" with him. They went around and said what they love about him and what makes him special. I got to hear how he is kind, a good friend, has a great smile, includes everyone at recess, and works hard, among other things. Also at least 5 kids called him "my best friend in the whole universe" :) It was so precious seeing him light up at all those sweet words of affirmation, and of course it made me teary! After the school celebration, Josh & I took him to his restaurant of choice for lunch--Larry's Pizza. He got to be the only child for an hour or so and we all really enjoyed it! That night he had his choice for dinner, a Happy Meal :) Ha! Afterward we had cake & presents. It was a great day!
Then of course we celebrated him during Sunday lunch at Mimi & Papa Jim's house!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD MAMA!
and i love love love those sweet writing samples. touches my heart:) i cannot wait for annette to start writing stories like those!
Post a Comment