I think I'll go on and give it a try...

Well apparently the crib incident wasn't a fluke, Noah is pulling himself up on everything now. He gets so happy once he's standing, it is too cute! I definitely wasn't prepared for this at just 7 mos, but here we are. He is also army crawling all over the place--he pulls himself forward on his hands or elbows and then scoots forward with his feet or knees, but doesn't use the hands and knees at the same time. Regardless, he can get where he wants to go and then pull up on something, so needless to say I am watching him like a hawk these days! He's been getting his arms stuck in the slats of his crib some because he uses them to pull up but sometimes he slips in the process and his arm goes through. That doesn't make him too happy (or me either when it happens at 5:30 am like today!) But he does seem to love having his crib lowered all the way. When he wakes up from naps he looks through the slats at me coming to get him and gets excited, it is adorable!
So we've done a little bit of baby-proofing but this weekend we are doing a whole lot more! I really don't want to put those ugly edge protector things on the hearth but I think I'm going to have to give in and do it. I try to keep him away from there but it seems to be his favorite place. I tried telling Josh that I wanted to use that as a way to teach him the concept of "NO" but he made the point that understanding NO isn't going to help him when he has 10 stitches across his forehead--valid point. So, I guess the ugly things are going on and they will look just beautiful with my Christmas decor :)






1 comment:
Maybe you can paint stars and bells on the ugly protectors and give them a festive look!
Mom
Post a Comment