Friday, October 01, 2010

one month

How can Samuel be a month old already?? I told Josh this morning that I can't believe 1/12th of his first year is already over. Weird thought, I know, but I was just thinking about how quickly the months seemed to go by during Noah's first year. It's been said a million times that the days drag on but the years fly by, and it is just so true.

Sweet Sam is really growing. He seems so big all of a sudden! I'm curious what he weighs but we don't go back for a check-up until he is 2 months. The other day we saw a friend's 10-day old baby who weighed about the same as Sam at birth, and I couldn't believe how much bigger he was. He is a hungry little guy too. When he takes a bottle he will easily take 4 oz, which seems like a lot to me for one month old!

He's decided in the last week or so that he really likes to party in the wee hours. I feed him around 8:00 and then put him down afterward and 9 times out of 10 he goes to sleep pretty easily. Then Josh gives him a bottle at 11:00 and he goes right back to sleep. He generally wakes up around 2:30 or so to eat again, and after that he is pretty much up for the day! So fun :) We're working on it!

He's a great napper. He loves his swing and generally naps in there during the day, but right now he's taking a good nap in his bassinet. He hasn't slept in his crib yet. He'll probably be in the bassinet by our bed for a little while longer at least.

Poor guy is a pretty gassy little thing. Noah was like that too and I wish I could remember when he grew out of it. It is no fun! When his little belly hurts he just tenses up his body and cries.

There's not much else to say about Samuel at one month! He has gotten in a great little routine, which I love, and he generally just eats, stays awake for a bit, and then naps. Not much else to do at this age!

Jill took his newborn pictures last week and I just love them! Here are some of my favorites (minus the one I'm using for his announcement. Can't show that one off yet!!)










2 comments:

kelsey said...

Happy One Month Samuel! These pictures are absolutely precious. I love them!

Michelle said...

He is so beautiful! Congrats Mandy!