My poor boys have both been sick lately. Last week one of Noah's lymph nodes in his neck suddenly swelled up to the size of a golf ball. It has us really worried for a little while, but we took him to the doctor where he had some blood work done and everything checked out ok. They put him on an antibiotic but said that it may never go back to normal size! What?! That was weird to me. But PTL, earlier this week it started looking much more normal and now I'd say it is back to normal size again.
Now Sam, Sam, Sam. Poor baby boy still hasn't gotten rid of the ear infection that first hit him over 3 weeks ago! In fact in his right ear it has only gotten worse, even through 3 antibiotics. And have I mentioned that I really hate having to give my kids antibiotics? Well, I do. Anyway, Sam is now on his 4th antibiotic for this pesky ear infection and I am just praying it will get rid of it for good.
But that isn't the worst of it for sweet Sam. Two days ago he developed a pretty bad cough that started to concern me. After basically harassing the phone nurse to let us come see the doctor again (she wanted to just call in the 4th antibiotic for his ear and call it a day), we saw the wonderful Dr. Feelbetter last night and he confirmed that Sam has RSV :( Big sad face. We now have an inhaler to give him breathing treatments when he has coughing fits. This is in addition to the antibiotic, tylenol and motrin, humidifier, vapor rub, vapor bath, vapor plug-in thingamajig. Ugh. I feel so, so sad for my little guy. He is super duper fussy and wants to be held a LOT, which I totally understand. But I'm not claiming that it is easy on this tired momma! I am so ready for happiness, health and SLEEP!
I sure do love these two little sicklings though :)
3 comments:
Man. Bless all of your hearts. :( Hope everyone feels better very very soon!
Poor little guys. Hope that they get better soon! Charlie had that same thing with his lymph nodes about a month ago. It totally freaked me out too but our doctor said that they are completely normal. They luckily went back down too.
I'm so sorry! Having both kids sick at the same time is draining, and a tug of emotions because you don't know who to tend to more :( I hope that they get better quickly!
Post a Comment