Happy half-birthday to our precious Samuel! (just a couple days late!) What is Sam up to at 6 months old?
- He weighs 18 lbs 15 oz (75%) and is 28 inches long (90%)
- He wears size 6-12 month and 9 month clothes, and size 3 diapers
- A lot of the time Sam acts like he couldn't care less about eating (although you wouldn't know it from his size!) He takes about 4 oz, five times a day. That is MUCH less than his brother ate at this age. He does sometimes take all 5 oz that I make for him, and before bed he will often take 6 oz.
- He eats rice cereal in the evenings and recently started eating some oatmeal cereal in the morning. I have plans to start him on real food very soon!
- Baby boy has been siiiiick over the last month. He pretty much had an ear infection for 6 weeks straight, then got RSV :(
- Thanks to his illness, his sleeping was quite interesting over the last month or so. He was all over the place and we had a few extra-rough nights. But he is getting back into his normal groove. He "normally" sleeps from 8:00 pm-6:30 or 7:00 am
- I have pretty much accepted the fact that he just doesn't care to nap in the mornings. If we are at home I will still put him down at 8:30 or 8:45 and from time to time he will nap until 10:00. Usually he's up after a short time. However, he consistently takes a great afternoon nap from 2:30-5:00 or a little after.
- He LOVES his doorway jumper. Couldn't live without that thing! He also loves his walking exersaucer and regular exersaucer. Think this baby has enough toys?? He is also super happy to sit on a blanket with toys.
- Sweet Sam mastered sitting up over the last month, which is so nice! He can sit in a shopping cart or highchair, and he is so much happier sitting on the floor watching the world go by than he was laying on the floor!
- He rolls all over the place.
- When he's healthy and feeling well, he is the happiest thing you've ever seen! Just smiles and laughs and coos and giggles...love it!
- He puts absolutely everything into his mouth. Normal, I know. But worth noting.
1 comment:
Mandy he is SO cute! his personality reminds me so much of Connor... even down to not wanting to eat. Which is so foreign to me since Brayden acted as if I NEVER fed him! I hope Sam is feeling better!
Post a Comment