Sunday, August 28, 2011

catch up

The only way I'm going to get the blog updated with all our recent goings-on is to just do one big catch-up hodge podge post, so here it goes. The condensed version of what we've been up to.

We recently had a playdate at the zoo with some of our favorite friends. It was hot, sweaty, and fun!




Last weekend Sam and I got to take a little trip just the two of us. We headed down South to Camden to see Mema and play with Wes, Kate, & Reese and Ben, Claire and Lucy. It was a short trip at just under 24 hours but we had a great time! Sam had a great time having two little playmates his own size and was in the happiest mood the whole time. We got to visit, play, eat some delicious catfish at Wood's Place, and even celebrate Sam & Reese's first birthdays!

 (no, Sam, you will not be getting an iPad for your birthday)



 (Sam's first first birthday present! Thank you, Mema!)

(Don't let his innocent look fool you, he had just taken her paci away)

We've made a few fun projects lately thanks to Pinterest, and this is one of our favorites. Noah loved making "our town" as he called it. We got a big box out of the attic, drew the road, and then Noah picked out the places in the town--a park with a swimming pool, houses, Target, an ice cream shop, a school, restaurants, and offices. We built those places with blocks and then he drove his cars all around. Such fun to create, and something he plays with every day!

I guess that just about gets us caught up. We did pretty much nothing all last week. We did just have a fun weekend, but I have no pictures. Friday night we went over to Mimi & Papa Jim's where we got to visit with them as well as Rachel & Annie. Saturday Josh worked with Papa all day, Sam & I ran a few errands, and Noah played at Mom & Papa's and then went up to Mimi's. That night we went over to Scott, Melissa, & Emma's to visit and play. This morning we went to church and kicked off our FSM small groups for the year. I was so happy to meet my sweet 8th grade girls! After naps today we went to the pool for likely the last time this year :(, then played over at Mimi & Papa Jim's again for a little while. Lots of fun all weekend long!

We have a big birthday week ahead of us. I can.not believe that my baby boy is turning one! I'm sure there will be several celebratory blog posts to come :)

2 comments:

Mar Mar said...

I'm proud of Noah for putting a Target in his town! He knows what's important to have around.

Rebecca said...

Hi,
I have a question on your blog set up. I'm contemplating adding a label list on my blog & noticed you have one. How did you add it? I quickly looked in blogspot's settings, but didn't see it. Also, do you have to go through each of your posts & label them, or are they automatically added to that list? I've figured out all my blog stuff on my own, so I appreciate the help.
Thanks so much!
-Rebecca