Yahoo, I have computer access! I'm actually temporarily using an old computer of my brother's but I'm pretty sure that Josh is going to get us a (cheap) new computer tonight because we officially had to lay the old one to rest. Goodbye, Dell. I won't miss you.
I have SO much to catch up on! There will probably be lots of new posts out of me in the coming days.
Last week the boys started "school" for the Fall! They are both going to Mother's Day Out this year but we call it school around here. We had planned to send Noah to a church preschool 3 mornings a week this year but for many reasons and after a lot of deliberation, we decided to send him back to his familiar MDO for one last year before he starts K4 at a real, live, big-boy school (sniff, sniff!). This is going to be a verrrry busy year for our family with church stuff. We are, of course, still involved with our fabulous community group and will be meeting with them every week. On top of of that, I have taken the leap into student ministries along with Josh and both of us will be leading small groups after church on Sunday mornings. I am super-duper (yes, I just said/typed that) excited about it! For our boys, it means that they will be spending about 3 1/2 hours in childcare at church every Sunday morning. And then I will be going to Bloom (formerly Moms n More) on Tuesday mornings and the boys will spend close to 3 hours in their precious childcare classes there. (it seriously is like another day of Mother's Day Out, especially for Noah. He does crafts, goes to music class, plays like crazy, and learns about Jesus!) Soooo anyway, lots of busy-ness! I decided that I wasn't ready to have only one day a week to spend time with Noah, so for that and a few other reasons he is back at his old school and LOV-ING it! We really love that place, and I haven't regretted the decision for a moment since making it! Noah will be going 2 mornings a week this year and Sam will go 1 morning a week.
Here is Noah before his first day of school:
He was bouncing.off.the.walls. before heading out the door that day. Daddy dropped him off and Noah never looked back. He's in love with his new classroom! He was thrilled to see his old buddies last week and has made a few new ones already. He's already come home with some cute little projects, and talked all about going to the library plus the indoor AND outdoor playgrounds :) That was so exciting to him!
Here is Sam on his first day of school, the next day:
My sweet Samuel. Covered in milk and trying to get his shoes off. I dropped them off that day, and Sam wasn't too happy with me when I handed him over. He does that at church too, which is so new to me because Noah was never like that. All in all I think he had a good day, aside from the fact that he's in the process of dropping his morning nap and just can't ever decide whether or not he is tired. But he has some of the sweetest teachers that we are totally comfortable with, not to mention the fact that his sweet Aunt Rachel is in charge of the whole thing and gives him a little extra love & attention!
We're looking forward to another great year of "school"!
No comments:
Post a Comment