I'm so thankful to have friends to share our days with to break up the monotony of this at-home life that I love so much. It is good for me AND the kids.
Noah had been dying to rake leaves and jump in them ever since seeing that on an episode of Caillou, and it clearly did not disappoint. We were back out there again after naptime (and a shirt change). I'm sure we will be doing the same today.
I wish I could capture the joy as he catapults into the leaves! Instead all I can get it a big blur.
As evidenced by the automatic flash on my phone, we stayed outside til dark--which was WAY too early! I have been reminded this week of the one thing I do not love about Fall: Daylight Savings Time. It is the worrrsssst when you already have a kid who wakes up by 6:00 most days. I'm not kidding, 6:30 is sleeping in for Noah. So this week has just about killed me already. He has been up before 5:30 for the past three mornings, since the time change. It is really a battle that we fight every.single.morning. If anyone out there has advice, I would really love to hear it. A part of me doubts that there is ANYthing we haven't heard or tried already, but I am willing to try.
One last thing, I tried so hard to capture a cute picture of the boy in their little Fall outfits before Bible study today. I dressed them up a bit because Noah was performing all the songs he has learned all semester with the other kids. I would post a video, but all you would see is Noah sitting down on a stair while the other kids sing and do all the motions. Seriously, this child will sing and dance all day long at home but put him in front of an audience and he freezes! Sweet thing. Anyway, my little photo shoot didn't turn out so well either. Oh well.

2 comments:
The fall pictures really are cute - I loved seeing them all perform today!
My son has been waking up at 6:30! Not as bad as 5:30, but it is driving me nuts! That plus the 2 nightfeedings and I'm going crazy. If you hear any good tips please let me know. It's just a season, right?
That pile of leaves looks fun!
Post a Comment