Little man is barely tipping the scales at 22 lbs 9 oz, which is the 21st percentile. It's always so surprising to me when I find out that he's below average--and pretty far below now!--because he just doesn't seem like it to me. He is above average in height though at 31 1/2 inches, which is the 61st percentile. He wears size 12-18 month shirts and pants but 18 or 18-24 one-piece outfits like longalls and rompers. He wears a size 4 diaper and a 4 1/2 or 5 shoe.
He's not the biggest eater and still won't touch a veggie, but he does enjoy bananas, toast & waffles, scrambled eggs, black olives, sometimes turkey or chicken, and grapes, among a few other things. He did eat some roasted sweet potatoes earlier this week so maybe there is hope in the veggie department :) He likes milk and drinks 2 or 3 cups a day, and he drinks water the rest of the time. He still has just 6 teeth to munch his food with. The doctor says he is getting his molars, so we'll see. Maybe he'll be gnawing on a steak before we know it :)
He's a good little snoozer and sleeps from 8pm-7:30ish am--sometimes a wee later, sometimes a wee earlier. He takes a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour nap each afternoon. I rock him before bed and will do so as long as he will let me! He doesn't fall asleep while I rock him but he will lay still and indulge me until I lay him in his bed, where he goes to sleep on his own. Sam-man loves his paci and I plan to let him have it a little while longer.
Sam is quite the little talker. He says a lot of words and phrases, including Noah, Mama, Da-Da, Mimi, Papa, Uncle Scott, Emma, Ellie, all done, bye-bye, hello, ball, car, milk, no, cheese (like for the camera), tickle tickle, dog, thank you, please, and I promise the other day he said "have a good day" to Josh. When he is not saying real words with meaning, he is still just chatting away at ALL times. We have no clue what he's saying at those times, but he sure seems to know! Yesterday I witnessed him having an entire conversation with his little buddy Bella that consisted solely of squeals, screams, and screeches. They were laughing and listening as if they knew just what the other was saying.
He makes some animal noises like monkey and lion. He plays pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo, but he is hilarious because he does peek-a-boo with his ears--like, he covers and uncovers his ears instead of his eyes.
He's become a completely proficient walker and rarely crawls any more. In fact in the last few weeks he has started running, He always runs away from me when I need to change his diaper or his clothes. If I walk in and catch him playing with the Christmas tree he immediately turns and runs in the other direction. Funny boy.
Baby boy is really learning to love "school"! Yesterday when we pulled into the parking lot he immediately started clapping and saying "yaaaay". He no longer cries at all when I drop him off and hardly even seems to notice. Thank goodness! He reaches for Mrs. Hillary and off I go! I love that we both have that little outlet each week :)
Sam-O likes playing with cars and balls, reading books, turning anything and everything into a telephone, banging on things, and getting into anything he possibly can. When we are home all day, I think he spends half the day rummaging through the drawers in my bathroom. He is a messy little thing and seems to honestly enjoy making big messes. He entertains himself perfectly well for loooong periods of time just toddling around the house playing with things he finds along the way. Unless he's tired, hungry, or mad at you for taking something away, he is perfectly happy at all times.
Toddler-hood is coming fast and furious. He throws all-out fits if you take something away from him, tell him no, etc. Like the stereotypical legs-kicking, fists-banging kind of fits. When it comes to discipline my main strategy at the moment is just distraction when he's into something he shouldn't be, and completely ignoring his fits so he gets no attention for it. It seems to be working so far. It's funny how the tables are turning at our house. Last night we had some new friends over for dinner and Sam was the one acting like a little stinker while Noah was being pleasant and obedient. No rest for the weary I guess :) One grows up a little bit just as the next one hits a difficult stage.
I wouldn't trade these days for the world. Many times I am beyond exhausted at the end of the day, but what sweet days they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment