Wednesday, March 21, 2012

spring break party animals

This is the first year since having kids that I really, truly feel like we are having a "Spring Break". Normally we have Bible Study on Tuesdays and Mother's Day Out on Wednesdays and Thursdays but both Spring Breaks fall on the same week this year so we have nothing! Our playdate crew decided that we needed to make it a real Spring Break for our kiddos, so we have had a blast with our friends this week for part one of our Spring Break 2012.

Day one was a Spring-themed party at Brooks and Ruthie's house. Courtney put together a scavenger hunt that was too cute, and so much fun for the kids. It was a Pin-spired egg carton hunt. Everyone brought an egg carton and Courtney printed out a sheet with pictures of all the items to tape to the cartons. It was a hit for sure.  

I stole this picture of all the little peekers from Morgan's blog. Love it. Court and I were outside hiding items for the hunt.

Treasure hunters



 After the fun-filled scavenger hunt we played outside for a bit enjoying this beautiful weather.




Next it was time for a yummy lunch. Courtney made this adorable flower sandwiches to go along with our Spring theme.

After lunch the kids painted door hangers--turtles for the boys, flowers & butterflies for the girls. I was surprised at how un-messy they all were. Our kids must be growing up.


For dessert I mad a kid classic, Dirt Pudding. Yum Yum. I really wanted to do them in little flower pots with plastic flowers on top, but time got the best of me. Oh well. I think they enjoyed them just the same. 


Spring Break day two was hosted by the Smiths. Morgan put together an a-dor-a-ble carnival for our crew, complete with five carnival games, tickets, and prizes!




I loved watching them all line up for the games!








Morgan went all out with the carnival-themed lunch. It was fun and delicious! Corn dogs, popcorn, nachos, and cotton candy for dessert!

 I loved Ada's reaction to her first-ever corndog: "This corn dog has a hot dog inside it!"


 This baby doll was Sam's very favorite toy in the Smith house. Daddy in the making :)

Just some princesses enjoying their popsicles. I think Princess #4 was off riding her pony. 

LOVE this. On Monday, Morgan attempted to teach Noah how to hulu hoop. So, yesterday he was pretty pumped to show her his moves.


Today was a bit more low-key but just as much fun. It's super rainy outside (for which I am SO thankful, because poor Sam-O has really been struggling with allergies. Peace out, pollen!) So, our crew headed to our favorite indoor play spot. We played on the playground and in the gym, and colored on pages that Mary Kathryn brought. MK also brought pizza, oranges, and yummy fruit snacks for dessert. Good, good times. Not as many pictures today :)



The first half of our Spring Break has most definitely been a success. Love my kids, love my friends, love my friends' kids. :) Now it's time to move on to Spring Break Part Two! It's going to be GREAT--stay tuned 

2 comments:

Morgan Smith said...

I busted out laughing when I saw that hula picture of me! OH MY GOODNESS!I look like such a nerd. I guess I am a nerd. Loved having fun with yall this week!

A.H.P. said...

i also busted out laughing when i saw the hula hoop pic! so proud of you morgan! and Ada's comment about a hot dog inside the corn dog. haha! she has been talking about those two days NON STOP! so much fun!!!