Wednesday, March 14, 2012

springing forward

Spring is here (ok, not officially for one more week), and we are welcoming it with open arms! We really did have a very mild winter, but winter is winter and I am glad it's over. We have been enjoying temps in the 60s, 70s, and now 80s for several weeks now. The boys and I have made the rounds to just about every park & playground in town and we will keep doing so--well, until we hit the 90s at least!

This Spring is shaping up to be a busy one around here. Some of it is stressful busy (getting ready to put the house on the market) and some of it is fun busy (an upcoming family wedding in Atlanta, and the start of t-ball season).

Yep, we have moved into the world of t-ball. (The day Josh has been waiting for, for 3 years and 11 months). It is going to fun and, yes, busy. Two practices per week until games start. The first game is on April 10th, Noah's 4th birthday! He has already requested that "Mimi, Mar Mar, and ALL my friends" come out to watch him. Ha, we see how he feels when the day comes.

Last night was his first practice and I can't even describe how excited he was all day. I have seriously never seen him like that. He asked me a million questions about it all day long, and was waiting at the door with his glove on and ball in hand about 45 minutes early.

He jumped right in as soon as we got to the field, with no apprehension at all. Afterward he told me that his favorite parts were hitting and catching.



I learned that it is going to be a looooong season with Sam at the ballpark. There was a playground directly next to the field but he would have nothing to do with it, all he wanted was to be on the field with Noah, Daddy, and all the big boys. It was pretty disastrous and he & I had to leave after about 15 minutes. My friend Morgan told me today that she remembers baby-sitting for little ones while their older siblings played in ball games. I believe it!

In other news, I am in love with the time change. The boys have slept until close to 8:00 a couple of times ths week, and til at least 7:15 every day. Oh how I pray that it lasts! Noah is just about done with naps but honestly I will take no naps if it means he sleeps later!

Off to play outside and enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Brayden slept in till almost 7 the other day and it was GLORIOUS!

Noah is SO precious as a baseball player. Brayden keeps saying he needs to play baseball, but he still has to wait one more year. And I've never thought about Connor being upset about not playing-- dear goodness next summer's going to be interesting!