Sunday, August 24, 2008

Addiction

I was just cleaning up some clutter around the house and I realized something I should have realized much earlier: I am addicted to magazines. And on top of that, I refuse to throw them away after reading them. They are stacked on my hearth, my coffee table, in my office, and yes there are even a few in the bathroom. I didn't even know until I started thinking about it just now that Josh & I subscribe to 11 magazines between the two of us:
  • Southern Living
  • Real Simple
  • Everyday Food
  • Better Homes & Gardens
  • Lucky
  • Redbook
  • American Baby
  • Newsweek
  • TV Guide
  • Golf
  • Golf Digest
In addition, I get my mom's People magazines when she finishes with them each week, and I often pick up an issue of HomeLife at church on Sunday. And with all these magazines in the house, I still thumb through others at the store, and sometimes even buy one or two. One of my favorite things to do is go to Barnes & Noble, gather up a stack of magazines, settle into a comfy chair and read! I can't help it, I just LOVE magazines. I get so excited when I get to the mailbox at the end of the day and find a new magazine inside--even better when there are 2 or 3! (and let's face it, with that many subscriptions it happens pretty often).

Now, of those 11 magazine subscriptions you know how many I paid for? One. (Southern Living--can't live without it!) The others I got for free through some marketing research website that used to send me surveys. In return for filling out surveys, I got magazine subscriptions! Worked perfectly for me.

Well that was my big realization of the evening. I'm tired. I think I'll climb into bed and flip through a magazine til I fall asleep! Good night

1 comment:

KBeau said...

I can definitely relate. Thanks for visiting my blog.