Friday, August 08, 2008

Firsts

Noah rode in his "big boy" umbrella stroller for the first time today. He loved it and so did I! It was so much easier than lifting him in his car seat into the huge stroller that it fits into. He gave me a BIG smile when we tried out the umbrella stroller at home, so I knew we were good to go. We went to Shoe Connection and I could tell he really liked being able to see everything better. In this picture he seems like he's not quite sure what to think about all the shiny gold shoes (Don't worry little man, I wasn't quite sure what to think of them either...)



He's also definitely in the process of getting his first tooth. The process has actually been going on for quite some time, complete with lots of drooling and chewing on everything. But now we can see the tooth right under his gums--it is the front right tooth on the bottom. Wednesday he had an unusually fussy--and extra drooly!--afternoon, so I was just sure the tooth was going to pop through! But it still hasn't. Who knows, it could be a day before it comes through, or it could be a month!

And lastly, he's finally rolling from his belly to his back! So he can go both ways now. I have yet to catch it on video, so instead here's a picture of him watching his Baby Einstein "Baby's First Moves" DVD. The babies on this DVD inspired him to roll in the first place! (and don't worry, we aren't frying his brain. I only let him watch it for a few minutes each day)

So far Noah's been an early roller and an early teether--so let's hope he doesn't take after his Daddy and start walking at 7 months like he did! I don't think I am ready to start chasing after him anytime soon!

1 comment:

The Nelson's said...

I cannot believe he is moving so good! we need to get together again soon! hes precious!