Friday, July 10, 2009

15 Months

The little guy is 15 months old today! Life continues to fly by. This morning we had his check-up and the doctor said he looks great. No concerns at all. Here is all his 15 month info (this is probably completely boring to anyone but me, but I like to keep up with it here)
  • He weighs 26 lbs 8 oz (77%) and is 33 1/2 inches long (97%). Still a VERY tall boy
  • He wears size 18-month or 24-month clothes, depending on the brand and style. He wears a size 4 diaper and he is about to grow out of his size 6 shoes.
  • He goes to bed between 8:00 & 8:30 and wakes up between 7:00 & 8:00. He always sleeps later on the weekends. He naps each day from 12:00 to 3:00 or 3:30. He still sleeps with a paci, and we will probably break him of that in the next couple of months. (Any tips for that??)
  • He has 12 teeth, and the top 2 cuspids (eyeteeth) will be through ANY second. They are sooo close. The bottom 2 cuspids are also close but not quite as close as the top ones.
  • His favorite toys are his nesting blocks, balls, horse, Amazing Animals train, and ride-on car. The blocks and balls keep him entertained the longest. I have a new love for Melissa & Doug wooden toys & puzzles, so I see lots of those in his future!
  • He enjoys going to the pool and the playground. We try to go to one or the other several times a week.
  • He loves to dance, clap and “jump”. The jumping is SO funny because he only jumps with one leg! I really need to get it on video.
  • He LOVES milk and drinks a cup with each meal. (about 15-20 oz a day). The rest of the day he drinks water or sometimes a little diluted juice. It is hard to pick favorite foods cause he will eat just about anything, but he especially likes cheese, blueberries, bananas, eggs, and chicken. We try to avoid giving him too much processed food or just unhealthy junk. He does love Chick-fil-a and sometimes we’ll go to play and eat, but I always get him a fruit cup! (even though I’ll get myself fries! ha, weird I know).
  • He is learning how to eat with a spoon and fork. So far he’s doing pretty well, but he still mainly eats with his hands.
  • He doesn’t really enjoy TV, which is fine with me, but sometimes he will sit down for a minute to watch Handy Manny, Veggietales, or the Backyardigans.
  • He loves books, and he especially likes interactive books so that he can be a part of it when we read to him (like flip books, books that make noise, etc.) He also loves all his Dr. Seuss books.
  • He is quite the little climber. About a month ago he learned how to climb up on the couch & chairs, and the other day I found him jumping on our bed! I can’t believe he got up there, it is really high!
  • I am starting to work with him more with identifying body parts. His newest one is teeth, for some reason he loves to point to his teeth! He also does nose and ears, and we are learning belly.
  • He is not a big talker yet. He regularly says (with meaning) mama, dada, Emma, Ellie, and this. He sometimes says Mollie and ball with meaning. He says papa but he doesn’t say it with meaning.
  • I feel like he understands EVERYthing we say. It still amazes me that when I say “go get your blocks” he actually goes and gets his blocks. Even though he’s been doing that for quite some time, I still feel like he should be this little baby who is clueless to everything. Not so much. This morning Josh burned his hand on the toaster and it startled him so he sort of slammed the toaster door and knocked something over (unintentionally, not like throwing a little fit…) Anyway, Noah was sitting in his high chair witnessing the event, and he made a frustrated little noise like Josh had and threw his milk cup, obviously trying to imitate his daddy. Yikes. All that to say, I am learning that this precious little boy is watching us ALL the time, and the scary fact is that he understands so much more than we realize and wants to do things just like us. Um, pressure?
We love our sweet boy more and more everyday. I’d be lying if I said life wasn’t getting a little more challenging as he is becoming a toddler, but I LOVE being his mom. It is such an incredible blessing to get to be the one spending his days with him—playing with him, experiencing new things with him, teaching him, and yes even disciplining him. I am so grateful for all of it. I know that I will be dropping him off for kindergarten in the blink of an eye, so I really want to do my best each day to just enjoy all this time I have with him now, even if the days are sometimes long and frustrating.
This is way long and I’d be surprised if anyone is still reading. But I’m just going to wrap it up with a few pictures from yesterday. It was a day that falls into the “long and frustrating” category, and by the late afternoon I decided that we both needed to do something fun together. So I took him out for ice cream for the very first time. I think he enjoyed it! (the pictures aren’t the best cause they were taken with my phone)

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I loved todays post. It was not boring at all. I take exception to one thing you said tho. I think he DOES say "papa" with meaning. He is the one that said it first without prompting, and pointed to Jim when he said it. And, I know he knows your dad also as "papa". So . . don't underestimate the boy. By the by, give Noah a kiss for me :)

KBeau said...

Good thing he likes chicken. He might get kicked out of the family otherwise.

Mar Mar said...

This is definitely not completly boring to his Mar Mar. I read every bit and loved it.

hannah said...

not boring to me at all. i love it. i love seeing how big he's getting and knowing that all too soon pratt will be doing these same things.

i love how you get him a fruit cup and you get fries. :) i do the same thing and often feel guilty about it. but not guilty enough to not eat the fries! ha!

Linds said...

Parents magazine has an article in their August issue about breaking the paci habit. Just an FYI.