Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hitting the Road

In a little over a week our little family will be heading to sunny Destin! We can't WAIT! I have a feeling that this vacation is going to be a little different than last year, when Noah was 5 1/2 months old and could sit happily on the beach without moving. I am just picturing myself chasing him up and down the beach as he tries to explore. Whew. Thankfully Tilly will be there to play with him, and maybe her calm nature will rub off on him :)

The car ride will definitely be different than last year. We drove through the night then, and Noah slept the ENTIRE way--from the time we pulled out of our driveway until the time we went over the Mid-Bay Bridge. It was perfect. This time we are traveling during the day, so I am a little anxious about how he is going to handle the long trip. We're putting the two kiddos in the same car in hopes that they will help entertain each other, and I am just crossing my fingers that it doesn't backfire on us. I don't think it will. We are also borrowing a dual DVD player for the car. Neither of the kids normally watch much TV at home, but maybe in the car they will be bored enough to watch. I've also bought a few small toys/books here & there and set them aside to give Noah in the car, thinking that maybe a new book or toy will keep his attention longer than something he's played with 1,000 times before.

So my question is, does anyone have any tips for taking a looooong car ride with a toddler? Or tips for keeping him entertained on the beach? I'm all ears!

Just for fun, here is Noah on the beach last year

2 comments:

Eric and Leslie Warford said...

I think they are both going to have runny noses in the car and need Benadryl!! :)

Seriously--I am counting down the days!!

Scott Duncan said...

I think this is the longest you have gone without updating the blog. How was the trip down?