Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Splash!

Whew, it's been a busy day already and it is just now naptime! Playgroup days are always a little exhausting. This morning Tilly came over to play before playgroup, while Leslie went to class. They got here bright and early and I don't think either of them were quite ready to play nice yet. This is pretty much how they looked for the first 30 minutes or so...


I LOVE the way she's looking at him in that picture. Click on it to make it bigger, and get the full effect of her annoyance with his presence. Oh, how I hope they get married someday so we can show this at their rehearsal dinner!

ANYway, thankfully they warmed up to each other pretty quickly and we had fun reading books, feeding Tilly's baby, playing with every toy in the house, and playing outside. Tilly just HAD to try out Noah's new lawn/beach chair, since she'll likely be using it too when we all head to the beach together just one month from tomorrow!! (I'm not excited about vacation or anything...)
So after Leslie got back from class, it was time for playgroup. Today we went to the play area/splash park in the Rivermarket. I think it is called Peabody Park? Here are some of the best pictures from our adventure:






Please don't let the pictures fool you, Noah was not the biggest fan of playgroup today. It is not necessarily that he didn't like the water, or was scared of the fountains, he just had very little interest. He would play in the water for about 2.3 seconds at a time, and then run away to some random grassy area. So I would have to haul him back, over and over...and over again. He also refused to eat any lunch. After about 45 minutes there, he had a total meltdown and I just gave up & left. Poor guy fell asleep on the way home and is still sleeping soundly. I am hoping he wakes up on a better side of the bed. Cutting his eyeteeth is making him a little crazy child. Teething has bothered him very little until these. People warned me that they were the worst, but I didn't listen. Thankfully once they make their final push we will be DONE with teething until 2-year molars, the very last teeth! Yay! I can't believe my baby boy almost has a mouthful of teeth!

3 comments:

Kali said...

where is that park?!! that looks so fun! Those teeth are no fun! Parker got all four of his molars a couple of months ago(way early!!) those were the worst to me, it is like 4 teeth in one because each point of the tooth comes in seperately. Cant believe how big Noah is getting! Gosh they grow up fast!

Clay and J said...

How fun! Those kiddos are cuties! Sorry we missed you guys today....hopefully we'll catch up next week :)

Brian and Rachel said...

The look on Tilly's face is absolutely priceless!!! So glad y'all had fun at the Peabody splash park. Maybe y'all can come to the new bistro soon!!