
I feel (and look!) like I am about to pop. This will probably be the last preggo picture I'll post cause let's face it, this is just not a cute look. So here I am at 36 weeks/4 days pregnant. Almost full-term! Samuel is still scheduled to be here on September 1 if he doesn't come sooner. I am really praying hard that he will come sooner. Anytime after I hit 37 weeks would be great with me! I am really ready, and also I would just really like to know what it feels like to go into labor naturally. I'm also pretty scared about my surgery and for some reason I feel like it would be easier if I go into labor first instead of just showing up at the hospital like "here I am, cut me open!" I doubt it will happen, but that is my prayer. I think after this weekend we should have his room just about ready and have everything that he needs. I bought a lot of little things that we needed over this last week or so--hospital/nursing stuff for me, one more precious little outfit for him to wear in the hospital (I guess this wasn't really a
need...), his baby book, and a few more things. Josh has been working hard on the last couple of things for his room. I went through all his little clothes and Noah's hand-me-downs and got everything arranged in his closet and drawers. Now, we wait!
I am feeling OK-ish. I am really trying not to complain too much, but I'm just getting to that point when I feel ready to not be pregnant anymore. I most definitely feel like Sam is running out of room which causes quite a bit of discomfort for me. My ribs are killing me, and this boy kicks so hard! At my appointment this week Dr. W said she really doesn't think Sam is going to be ginormous like Noah was--at this point she is saying he'll be 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. Of course he still has a couple weeks to hit a growth spurt, and she said 8 1/2 lbs with Noah and he was 9 1/2 so we'll see!
Also, I haven't really mentioned the heat on the blog. I mean, everyone reading this knows that it is hot! But for memory's sake when I print this out and Sam reads it someday...um, it is HOT.

Like, record-breaking hot. Like, Al Roker mentions Little Rock on the Today Show every morning hot. The high temperature each day is consistently over 100, and the heat index has been 110 or higher. As you can see, today's was 113. Every day we have a heat advisory in effect--whatever that really means. The last summer that it was this hot was the summer of 1980. My mom had my brother Scott on August 14 of that year (happy birthday tomorrow!) She also had a toddler at the time. And as she pointed out the other day, they moved into a new house 2 weeks before he was born. Wow. So I figure if she can survive it then so can I! But for the record, it is hot. And I am very pregnant.
2 comments:
Ha!!! Brad's mom reminds him that she was pregnant with him during the summer of 1980 ALL. THE. TIME. Lol. I do feel bad for all you guys that are expecting...I can't imagine that you want to do anything but sit under a fan in a cold room while eating ice cream.
I totally feel your pain. being pregnant in the summer is the worst. sometimes i lay in bed at night, and want to cry because I am so hot but the air is constantly running so i am not sure turning it down would help.
Post a Comment