Friday, August 27, 2010

first day

Yesterday was Noah's first day of Mother's Day Out for the year. He was so excited and has been talking a lot about going to "school at Mimi's church" :) I think he is really going to love it. We went back & forth a lot on what we wanted to do this year--start preschool somewhere? Do MDO? Not do MDO? It was a little stressful having to make the decision last January, when most preschools do registration, because he was so much younger then and it was hard to know what things would be like so many months later. In the end, I had a hard time making the decision to send him somewhere new for longer days (and more days) when I knew that Sam was coming Sept 1. We felt like that could be a lot of change for him all at once. At this point I feel like either decision really would have worked out great, but I am happy with what we decided! He will also be going to a little class at our church on Tuesdays when I have Bible Study, and every other week he will stay for an extra 3 hours afterward for me to have some extra time, and I think that will be good for him too.

So anyway like I said, I think he's really going to love MDO. He is going just one day a week for a few hours in the morning, and yes it is at "Mimi's church" which he is familiar with. Last year I did not end up taking him to MDO like I had planned, so this really is pretty new for him. Yesterday morning he walked right into his room and started playing! And when I picked him up I stood outside the door and watched him giggling with one of his teachers. He also came home with a little worksheet. He had colored on a picture of a circle--I think they were supposed to trace the circle and color it in, but he had drawn lots more circles in the middle of the big circle :)

I made him his favorite breakfast for the first day of "school" - blueberry muffins with extra blueberries on the side!


After breakfast we had just a little bit of time for him to pose for a picture with his backpack. (Whew, 8 am is early! I have a feeling Daddy will be doing drop-off duty quite a bit after Sam gets here!)
This picture cracked me up! He hopped up there to pose and immediately turned to the side. I guess he's used to watching Mommy take her belly shots :) too funny

No comments: