Wednesday, August 25, 2010

one week!

One more week until we meet Samuel! I feel like I should make a paper chain or something :) We are excited, anxious, nervous, and ready. Yesterday I went to the doctor--my last appointment!--and I am now measuring THREE weeks ahead. Whaaat??!? I really don't know what to think about that. I am a little panicky that he is going to be over 10 lbs or something. Not that it matters for any reason so I don't know why I'm having those thoughts. All along I've been thinking he'll be big but not as big as Noah was simply because he'll be coming a week earlier than Noah did. I guess we'll see!

I've actually been having a lot of irregular contractions over the last week, and on Monday I had them all day. They even got stronger throughout the day, but not ever really regular. So she checked me on Tuesday and I was a little surprised that I have not progressed at ALL. Not a bit. What has been the point of all those contractions?? Oh well. I'm dying to get him here, but at the same time I am really great with the whole organized and planned-out aspect of next week's scheduled c-section, and the fact that we can have one more special week as a family of 3.

Noah & I have gone on a playdate every day this week. Monday we played at Chick-fil-A with Dayle, Karoline & baby Brock ("K-line" and "Baby Rock" to Noah), Tuesday we went to the pool/splash pad at the AC with Mary Kathryn & Ella. This afternoon we are going to go to an indoor playground with Caroline & Brady. Tomorrow is Noah's first day of Mother's Day Out! And on Friday we'll have our regular playgroup. Saturday I think the 3 of us are going to go to the pool since it is our last chance to go this year :( I've just tried to make this week fun for Noah without being over-the-top about it. Next Monday & Tuesday we may just lay low, I'll see.

I'm getting worried about how hes going to react to the big change coming, but I know it will all be fine! He's gotten very clingy to me in the past week or so and I just know that he's figured out that this is all going down soon! He is never really clingy and snuggly but he has been lately. I made him this little Big Brother Book on Shutterfly and we started reading it to him last night. A friend gave me the idea to do an album of pictures from when he was born so that he'll know that he was treated special just like Sam, and I decided to expand on the idea just a little bit and make this. I'm going to try to paste it below


4 comments:

Mar Mar said...

Cute book!

Mar Mar

kelsey said...

I love the book! That is such a cute idea. I can't wait to meet Sam and hold him. I am sad we won't be there the day he is born. I think Noah will be a great big brother. We can't wait to see y'all next week!

Jill said...

Mandy!!! What a great idea!!! I love it! I pray this is the fastest week ever!! :)

Linds said...

I love the big brother book idea-- I might have to steal that for Brayden when it gets a little closer to November! Can't wait to see what he looks like :)