Sunday, August 01, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Micah & Kelsey are finally hitched! We had a fun and exciting weekend celebrating with them, and now all 3 of our little family members are pretty exhausted! We loved getting to celebrate with the bride & groom, see lots of extended family, and just share in their special day!

This sequence of pictures from the rehearsal makes me smile. Noah was the ringbearer and Mollie was the flower girl. You can see in the first pic that they were holding hands and all ready to go down the aisle. But they had to wait for all the bridesmaids to go down first, so Noah kept himself entertained by being wild & jumping around while Mollie attempted to keep herself entertained on Rachel's phone. In the 4th pic you can see that she was beginning to get a bit annoyed with the rambunctious little ringbearer. Then in the 5th pic you'll notice that they both seemed to be getting nervous as it got closer to their turn. In the last pic you see that they made it down the aisle!


Once they were in front, Noah decided to take a seat behind the groom & best men :) He was supposed to go sit down on a pew. This was a bit of a sign of things to come the next day...Josh's mom put together a wonderful rehearsal dinner there at the church. It was so nice that after the rehearsal we just had to walk downstairs for the dinner! It was a beautifully decorated and laid-back dinner that was just the perfect fit for the bride & groom. They catered fried catfish with all the fixings, yum yum! Noah's ringbearer gift from Micah & Kelsey was a little wooden baseball bat--gee, thanks guys ;) Seriously, it is the cutest thing and has his name engraved on it with the wedding date. He loves it!

He got a bit squirmy during the dinner. I snapped a pic of him in serious letter-writing mode. He said that he was making a list of things that Daddy needs from the store. I asked him what was on the list and he said "letters"
Saturday was wedding day! Noah kept himself entertained in between pictures by playing with his truck.
As picture time wore on, this "sweet" little ringbearer got a little antsy. I have a feeling there are going to be some pretty funny pictures of him standing in front of the entire wedding party flying a toy airplane through the air :)

During the wedding he acted about how you would expect a 2-year-old boy to act! Mollie decided that she didn't want to walk down with Noah anymore and she walked down with one of the other bridesmaids. So, Noah walked down the aisle with me. He wouldn't hold my hand but he walked right beside me, and I found out later that he chewed on the corner of the little ring pillow the whole way down. Once we got down there he was supposed to go to Josh and stand for a minute, and then Josh was supposed to hand him off to my parents who were sitting up at the front. Wellllll, Noah had other plans. He wanted to climb the stairs and play. When poor Josh tried to gently steer him back to his spot, Noah got angry and THREW THE RING PILLOW IN JOSH'S FACE. Yes he did, in from of all those wedding guests, who were mostly laughing at this point. Josh drug Noah (kicking and screaming!) over to my parents, and my mom walked him out of the church at the front. A few minutes into the ceremony I saw her walking back in with him and I was a nervous wreck, but apparently they had a nice little talk behind the sanctuary because he stayed on the pew with them and behaved quite well. Mimi had gotten him a special Cars fire truck to play with and that did the trick. Whew!

On to the reception! This suave little guy was pretty tired at that point.
Here are the handsome best man and adorable ring bearer. I love this pic, and I love them both so much! Hard to believe I have enough love in my heart for another little guy, but I know I will!

Noah was in complete awe of Kelsey. He kept following her around and just staring at her, he thought she looked so beautiful! (which she did!) He would seriously stand in front of her, right up against her, and stare straight up at her. :)Thank goodness for Mar Mar & Papa D at the reception. They were such a HUGE help there, and at the wedding too! Noah got really upset at one point, I think because of the loud music coupled with total exhaustion. So D took him outside and he rolled down the grassy hill at the country club in his tux :) Soon after that, they whisked the tired little ringbearer home to their house to go to bed. Josh & I were able to stay and enjoy the rest of the reception without worrying about a tired little boy the whole time. And we even got to sleep in this morning--well, I slept in a tiny bit at least. Sam doesn't let me sleep in a whole lot these days!

Yes I realize there are no pics that include me in them, but you really don't want to see an 8 1/2 months pregnant lady in a bridesmaid dress :) My best efforts to avoid the newspaper photographer failed though, so my bloated & exhausted face may be in the High Profile section next week. Oh joy!

I've now survived a wedding at about 6 weeks pregnant with a 21 month old, and one at almost 35 weeks pregnant with a 27 month old! I'm so grateful that it worked out for me to be a part of the big day, and I'm also quite grateful that I survived it without going into labor :)

The weekend ended on a sad note when we all said good-bye to Caleb & Stephanie today as they headed up to start their exciting adventure in Washington DC! I'm so glad we were able to spend time with them this past week before they left. It's sad to see them move so far away but I know they are going to do so well up there for the next 3 years!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gotta tell you, Mandy...you looked beautiful, but I told Rachel that you looked completely exhausted!!! I can only imagine how worn out you were, but you really did a great job at hiding it!

Jill said...

You made it!!! YAY!!! Good idea to have your parents there to help whisk Noah away when he was over it...Eli no doubt will probably do the same thing in a couple of weeks when my SIL gets married.