Thursday, April 21, 2011

handsome


Yesterday I was trying to get everyone out the door to take dinner to a friend. I told Noah to go get in his carseat and, like usual, he insisted that he needed to go get on his bike and ride it the 5 feet to the car door. I told him that we were in a hurry and he didn't have time to ride his bike to the car. The little stinker got on his bike anyway and as I stood behind him explaining that since he disobeyed, he would not be able to ride his bike the rest of the evening once we got home, he kept turning around toward me and giving me his signature cheesy "smile". It was the first moment I've had as a parent where I seriously had to stifle laughter while disciplining him. When he kept doing it I finally said "Noah, that's not going to work. Are you just trying to be cute?" He looked at me, honestly rolled his eyes, and said "No, Mommy. I'm trying to be handsome!" 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious!!! He is handsome!

readeady said...

He is definitely handsome!!! : )

Brian and Rachel said...

Love it and it is so true!! He flashes those big eyes and smiles and it takes everything you have to be stern with him. He is just the sweetest. Love that boy!