This morning we had our playgroup Easter party! The original plan was to have an egg hunt at a park, but the weather has been really nasty so we opted for an indoor party instead. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, we got to have a last-minute private party at First Baptist (Rachel works there and hooked us up!) We played on the playground, hunted eggs, and had lots of yummy treats!
{Sam was all ready to go this morning! Little did he know, he would not be hunting eggs this year. Next year, buddy!}
{I was originally planning to make these cupcakes. Then I remembered that I'm not Martha Stewart, so I whipped up a batch of Funfetti cupcakes and stuck Peeps on top. Much more my skill level, and still pretty cute!}
{The fabulous Morgan, however, is Martha Stewart. Just look at these bunny crackers she threw together before playgroup. Amazing.}
{The kiddos enjoyed all the treats}
{Sam and Emmy on their first official date :) I hope he wasn't too embarrassed to have his face covered in zucchini the whole time}
{Time to hunt eggs! All the kids did a great job and I didn't see any fights over eggs so that was nice}
{He couldn't wait to see what was inside}
{We attempted to get a group shot of all the kids afterward. It was a nice thought, but getting around 20 kids age 12 weeks to 4 years to take a decent picture together is a pretty big job. Maybe someone else had success with their camera, but for me it was a big fail.}
{Trying out some of his goodies}
{Sharing?}
{Sam was happy just to play with the empty eggs}
I'd say our second annual Easter Egg-stravaganza was a success! We may not have been outdoors like last year but it worked out perfectly!
2 comments:
Their baskets are so cute! I need to get my act together and make custom baskets. I just have cheapies from Walmart right now.
And how in the world does Morgan have time to make those rabbit crackers??? I can barely mop my floors, much less make extravagant food art... LOL! She's my hero.
the egg hunt was so fun, mandy! thanks for organizing it for us. the cracker things were made 30 mins before we walked out the door. and lindsey, during those minutes the kids ate in their chairs for about 10 minutes, played for about 10 minutes, and they were fussy the last 10 minutes! ha!
Post a Comment